Man uses Lynx products for 7 years but fails to get a girlfriend

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
They didn't drive through paint, they had paint guns directed onto the tyres with different coloured tanks of paint. Watch it again. :p

I obviously bought the car expecting these to be standard, and I want some compo!

Ha, go into the dealer and ask, cant hurt :cool:

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Common sense is a weak legal argument.

If they advertise something happens however much common sense says otherwise you can sue for lack of advertised effect.

Bit crap but I personally feel advertisers need slapping about every now and again for all the BS they plaster everywhere.

Hope he gets millions.
Assuming this is true:
Unfortunately, you cannot sue for misrepresentation in this case. Certainly here (and probably in India too) the law does not say that "mere puff" or "sales talk" are misrepresentations. For example, a second hand car dealer claiming "this is the fastest car ever", or a washing detergent company advertising that their product will clean your clothes "whiter than white" do not count. (Just like the Lynx effect). This is because a reasonable person would be unlikely to take such claims seriously.

This guy is an idiot, and if he spent five minutes looking seriously into this, he would see what a bonehead he is being.

Last edited:
Associate
I thought about suing Lynx when they released the 'touch' fragrance. On the advert it shows that when the man put that on, every woman he looked at their tops would start to undo and reveal their assets. I tried it and no woman tops started opening up for me, so I was going to sue them for false advertising.

Cause when I asked a girl once if I could stare at her breasts and see if her top started to undo as I was wearing lynx touch, when it failed and I tried to undo a few buttons when she turned away to talk to her friend all I got was a slap. This was after a few drinks minds......lol, though I did get her number for "being cheeky enough to try"

Soldato
Oh well,fair play to the guy! Only smelly things that make the girls moist are 212/ultraviolet in my experience. 0 - ****ing in not a lot of words...

Soldato
I've always found it odd that some adverts like those aimed at children or womens products tend to have disclaimers attached such as 'Not a flying toy' or '8 out of 10 women agreed' and such, but we can watch a car turn into a robot and expect to be swamped with hot women due to our choice in deoderant without the slightest hint that it may not be true :)

Associate
you're allowed claims in advertising that "no reasonable person would believe"

it's like sueing red bull because they didn't turn you into a mutant freak :p

Your making a huge assumption. A lot of people seem to think that American laws apply to the UK and UK laws are in Ireland. What you say may be true in the UK. I don't know.

This is in India. Do you really think there is a one to one mapping of advertising laws? I don't know what advertising laws are like in India. He could get the money or be laughed out of court, either wouldn't surprise me. I find it unlikely anyone here really knows about such laws in India.

Don
Lynx are pretty big already, if they just made better products, like that cheap stuff in tesco/boots called 'Addiction' they'd make a bucket load more money

Soldato
Why should we pay stupid people for being such complete idiots?

Screw that, it's like paying, well, pretty much anyone who has ever been in a glossy magazine.
Proper windowlickers.

Back
Top Bottom