Manager Lingo

Associate
This absolutely drives me up the wall at work...

Going forward
Touch base
Blue-sky thinking
Upskilling

and just generally using larger words during normal conversations to make themselves sound more important.

Anyone got any pet hates? Going forward is the one that annoys me at the moment because I'm starting to notice it in conversations outside work. :(

Soldato
I'm gonna need you to go ahead...

bill-lumbergh-office-space1.jpg

... mmmkay

Soldato
during my time working in IT at the local hospital; when they put in the new computer system, the management team referred to their place where they directed all the staff from as 'the war room'...

retards

Soldato
One of my old bosses used to use the phrase "radicalize our thinking" instead of the already-annoying "think outside the box". It drove me nuts. He even used it in emails which is how I know he used the American spelling.

RDM

RDM

Soldato

Going forward
Touch base
Blue-sky thinking
Upskilling

and just generally using larger words during normal conversations to make themselves sound more important.

Anyone got any pet hates? Going forward is the one that annoys me at the moment because I'm starting to notice it in conversations outside work. :(

What words would you use instead to communicate the concepts?

Soldato
'Just need to squeeze this *little job in with the other 20 million things you're doing today'

*HUGE job, which was totally mismanaged and badly completed by someone else, which will take you 90% of your working day to un-****.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
"Don’t forget guys we’re adding value and at the end of the day it can only be win win. We'll touch base on Friday now let's go............."

Where have I heard those words before. :p:D

Permabanned
The worst thing is that all this is either expected by other managers or used cynically by themselves, not one of them wants to stem the tide of BS.

Poo goes downhill, so all your collegues start speaking in the same fashion whenever they think a manager is looking at them.

Mr "Proactive", yes I'm looking at you you slimey suckup...

Soldato

Going forward
Touch base
Blue-sky thinking
Upskilling

Try using them, you'll be amazed how far it gets you.

Multi-skilling is the new thing at our workplace. Roughly translated it means: warehouse staff now have to sell to customers and do their old job too. For the same pay of course.

Right people in the right place at the right time: short contract hours so we can screw you out of holiday pay, move your hours all over the place, and shorten your shift by 15mins to deprive you of a lunch break.

Thankfully I'm management so these things happen to other people, but it does suck.

Man of Honour
The worst thing is that all this is either expected by other managers or used cynically by themselves, not one of them wants to stem the tide of BS.

Poo goes downhill, so all your collegues start speaking in the same fashion whenever they think a manager is looking at them.

Mr "Proactive", yes I'm looking at you you slimey suckup...

Yup. Once you reach a certain level in an organisation, you have to adopt the lingo if you want to permeate the ranks and make progress.

Back
Top Bottom