Manor Lords

Associate
*runs away and hides from the incoming tsunami of you should NEVER buy early access games people*
Public service announcement : you should buy it if you want :). I have gamepass but this sounds like something I would consider getting in early and cheaper.

Soldato
Yeah I generally avoid early access and I read that this is in a very early state, but I'm going for it. Just seems like exactly the type of game I want, I like what they're doing and it will be interesting to see it develop.

Caporegime
I don't really understand why someone would want to encourage others not to get into Early Access. I don't because I know there's little chance of me going back to a game, and I'd rather have my experience of it be the finished product rather than getting all my playtime with a game when its in a rougher state.

Soldato
I can get onboard with people saying don't pre-order, but the early access model is very important to smaller devs, especially these days with the industry in the state it's in. By all means don't take part yourself, but telling others not to when the game's development depends on early access money is daft.
To be honest the developers attitude and openness has been refreshing so i'll be buying it on launch to support the game and even if there are issues, i'm more likely to overlook them given how open and honest the dev has been.

Associate
Yes from everything i have seen and gamelay i have watched it feels a really well developed game, yes there has been some bugs but i would say way less than some AAA games on full release. It s a day one play for me and nice that is in game pass as well.

Associate
Had this on my wishlist from the very beginning, I'll be getting it the moment in comes out, very soon hopefully! Very impressed with what I've seen so far, especially from a 1 man Dev!

Soldato
Out now but steam is getting rammed, very difficult to purchase it.
Edit bought downloading now, only 16gb so won't take long. Can't argue for the price of £26. I've watched a few play through videos do I know I'll enjoy it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the dev being open and honest with what state the game is in makes a massive (freshing!) change to the usual EA, featureless games being sold on "what could be" rather than "what it is now," if that makes sense!

Didn't realise this was on gamepass, so will give it a try on that to see if it grips me, if it does i'll grab it on Steam to support the dev :D

Soldato
Humble Store offers a further discount for Choice subscribers on this one. Showing at £23.62 for me! Bargain.

That's where I'll be buying it from. Just debating whether to buy today or when I'm back from holidays in 2 weeks.

e: it's £20.99 for me with 40% off on Humble Store

e2: Bought it :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom