Marcus Rashford

Soldato
Excellent result and massive respect to Marcus Rashford for shaming the government into back-tracking and providing meals for hungry kids. Top fella :)
(Shame about the naff team he plays for :p)

fHagrMb.png

Caporegime
Not sure it needs its own thread but a positive result nonetheless.

He's 22 and managed to get this result, if he were to average 8-10 PPG for the rest of the season - I will love him even more :o:p.

Soldato
OP
This story has made me aware of what a top top fella Marcus is, not only has he spearheaded this amazing achievement but in his short time he has also:

Raised £20 million to help supply 3 million meals to children
Began a campaign to help homeless people
Learned sign language to judge a poetry event in a deaf school

I was totally unaware of all the excellent work he does in his spare time, the media need to also report when young people do amazing things like this and not just when they act like immature numpties

Caporegime
Fantastic to see a footballer using their fame for something so positive. I read the story about his efforts on the matter recently and I'm glad it worked.
Shame we're in a situation where people have kids that they can't afford to look after though. All the more pertinent at the minute with another 600k job losses.

Soldato
OP
Again why can't people just comment on a positive story without bringing in some of your negative gloomy politics .
Life must be so depressing being so negative, bitter and angry with the world.

Soldato
The government isn't providing meals for kids, the tax payer is, the government doesn't have any money. Everyone who isn't benefitting from the meal vouchers but pays tax is paying for other people's children to have free meals over summer to the tune of £120 million.

Caporegime
The government isn't providing meals for kids, the tax payer is, the government doesn't have any money. Everyone who isn't benefitting from the meal vouchers but pays tax is paying for other people's children to have free meals over summer to the tune of £120 million.
Whilst I cannot argue with your logic or the facts presented, coming across as negative when the order of the day is preventing malnutrition across children whom through no fault of their own would be going hungry without the welfare isn’t exactly on is it.

There isn’t really a negative to this other than the (quite frankly paltry, £120M is peanuts compared to some spending budgets) potential increase in taxation down the line.

Soldato

I'm happy to contribute so that kids don't go hungry.

Soldato
Seeing as I work in a school where most of the families get given food packages courtesy of FairShare I'm really happy of this news. You don't realise quite how many young people only get food at school or when an engagement worker sees them due to family reasons.

I don't like being taxed any more than anyone else would but if it means children aren't going hungry and without, I'm all for it.

You've got to be a right selfish and miserable so and so to be annoyed about hungry children getting fed.

RDM

RDM

Soldato

True, but I think it is £120m well spent. Keeping kids fed over the summer. Especially as something like 600,000 less people are now employed. Can we really call ourselves a civilised nation if we allow children to starve?

Soldato
I'm not a football fan and honestly I've never heard of the guy, but it's great to see a celebrity actually doing something positive like this.

While I don't fall in line with a lot of left leaning policy as as it pertains to welfare, I'm certainly not going to get angry that a tiny amount of tax money is going towards helping children.

Back
Top Bottom