Marvel Heroes

I havent played this since it was first released. I recently had £30 worth of refunds put back into my Steam wallet and was thinking about getting into this with the Age of Ultron pack that came out with all The Avengers.

With the new achievements system is it worth me starting a new hero from scratch? I think I only had Hawkeye and The Thing and got to about level 17 before.

Are there any guides available for what I should be doing, things like missions and crafting? Seems like quite a lot has been added and I have a feeling I might get overwhelmed :D

Yes, you may as well start from scratch. You'll get 400 Splinters on your second day, which is two random hero boxes plus change.

Beginner's Guide: the most important thing is to get your first hero to 60. This gives all your others +30% XP, so you'll level up faster. Level in Holo-Sim up to 12, then do a second Holo run or move to ICP. Exception: if it's Monday, level in Midtown as the loot is boosted hugely and you get XP boxes. After 20, follow the Legendary Quests where they lead you.

Once you hit 60, go into Story Mode at each of the three difficulties and collect any skill points you missed on the way. These come from killing Hood and Kingpin, clearing the SHIELD Science Station in Chapter 7, and visiting Heimdall in Chapter 9 (Ancient Ruin Site).

Crafting: don't bother making anything, but do donate everything you don't need to level crafters. Take your Crafter to 15, then your Enchanter to 10; then finish off Crafter and Enchanter before doing anything to the others.

Gearing up: Try to get into a pubbie green Muspelheim raid. It's amazingly easy now and loot falls like rain. Get some useful artifacts: Advanced Metasensory Array and Ziggurat of Kargul for everyone, Kung-Fu Training for melee heroes, Super-Soldier Serum for squishies.

I just started playing this on Monday, and bought Scarlet Witch with the 400 splinters I was given. She I'd great fun so far, though I've only gotten to level 14? I was just wondering which of the starting chars I should go with. I've played Hulk, Thor and Iron Man all to 10, but can't decide out of those 3 which to uncap.

Edit: I also levelled Captain America to 10, which I enjoyed - but I don't think as much as the others.

Last edited:
Daft question alert! I have just started playing for first time and selected Hawkeye as my main character. Is there a key that can target lock or target cycle enemies? When I click on an enemy in congested areas, Hawkeye often runs into the thick of things!

Thoroughly enjoying my return to Marvel Heroes.
When it first came out, I levelled Captain America and Hulk to 23/24 and it took a little while to do so.

Now I'm back, and playing Silver Surfer, I'm level 34 in no time. It did help that I had some random boxes in my inventory which I opened and instantly levelled to 7 :D

I just started playing this on Monday, and bought Scarlet Witch with the 400 splinters I was given. She I'd great fun so far, though I've only gotten to level 14? I was just wondering which of the starting chars I should go with. I've played Hulk, Thor and Iron Man all to 10, but can't decide out of those 3 which to uncap.

Edit: I also levelled Captain America to 10, which I enjoyed - but I don't think as much as the others.

Unlock Iron Man. He's not as strong as Cap or Hulk, maybe not even as strong as Thor after the rework, but he's still very solid and unlike the others he normally costs 600 Splinters. He also isn't normally a starter hero, whereas I think the other three are. Alternately, unlock Cap - he's really powerful, but he doesn't take off until he gets to 30 and has his signature.

Switch just had her rework, and right now she's the strongest character in the game. You won't get the best out of her until you've ground out a few thousand Omega Points, but if you do: get yourself to 33% power duration, use as little gear with % to proc on hit effects as you can and maximise Legion (Psionics tree, top right side but go from the bottom if you have at least 3500 Omegas). Wanda's sig raises the chance of proc effects triggering to 100%, and this affects Legion too. Legion has a 60s CD on each effect and your sig has a 40s CD, so with 33% duration the buffs will last long enough that the second sig will proc them just as they fall off. The net effect is to boost Fighting, Intelligence and Energy by 20 points on a permanent basis, which gives her 140% damage on all skills, 600 crit rating and 600 brutal rating. It's absolutely crazy.

Scarlet Witch has just had a complete revamp and is a great hero to level up. I just hit level 60 with her and even though I'm not geared cosmic terminals are no problem to farm.

Tough choice between Hulk,Thor and Iron-Man but based purely on what I've played Iron-Man is a much more varied hero and the most fun.

Thoroughly enjoying my return to Marvel Heroes.
When it first came out, I levelled Captain America and Hulk to 23/24 and it took a little while to do so.

Now I'm back, and playing Silver Surfer, I'm level 34 in no time. It did help that I had some random boxes in my inventory which I opened and instantly levelled to 7 :D

Hold shift when firing skills, forces you to stay in place.

Unlock Iron Man. He's not as strong as Cap or Hulk, maybe not even as strong as Thor after the rework, but he's still very solid and unlike the others he normally costs 600 Splinters. He also isn't normally a starter hero, whereas I think the other three are. Alternately, unlock Cap - he's really powerful, but he doesn't take off until he gets to 30 and has his signature.

Switch just had her rework, and right now she's the strongest character in the game. You won't get the best out of her until you've ground out a few thousand Omega Points, but if you do: get yourself to 33% power duration, use as little gear with % to proc on hit effects as you can and maximise Legion (Psionics tree, top right side but go from the bottom if you have at least 3500 Omegas). Wanda's sig raises the chance of proc effects triggering to 100%, and this affects Legion too. Legion has a 60s CD on each effect and your sig has a 40s CD, so with 33% duration the buffs will last long enough that the second sig will proc them just as they fall off. The net effect is to boost Fighting, Intelligence and Energy by 20 points on a permanent basis, which gives her 140% damage on all skills, 600 crit rating and 600 brutal rating. It's absolutely crazy.

Scarlet Witch has just had a complete revamp and is a great hero to level up. I just hit level 60 with her and even though I'm not geared cosmic terminals are no problem to farm.

Tough choice between Hulk,Thor and Iron-Man but based purely on what I've played Iron-Man is a much more varied hero and the most fun.

Thanks for the replies. I unlocked Iron Man, who I find OK, but my big problem ATM is I have 3 heroes that I enjoy as much as each other. I have got Scarlet Witch, Psylocke and Invisible Woman.. I can't for the life of me decide which one I like the most, so I can actually get one levelled up properly. I love the feel of Psylocke, but I can't see how she survives at end game, and that's the one thing putting me off levelling her?

Hows Deadpool looking these days? He was seriously awful last I played, I hope he still is. I mained him and carried pretty much every group, despite them all complaining there was a DP in the party ;)

If he's suddenly a meta capable champion I might have to swap :eek:

Hows Deadpool looking these days? He was seriously awful last I played, I hope he still is. I mained him and carried pretty much every group, despite them all complaining there was a DP in the party ;)

He's still the same and not had his 52 review. I believe he is last on the review list, and now I suspect they are dragging it out to re-launch him at the same time as the new movie.

He's still the same and not had his 52 review. I believe he is last on the review list, and now I suspect they are dragging it out to re-launch him at the same time as the new movie.

That's fine by me :D

They don't need to rework him, they need to make his 52 a regular ability and give him some sort of screen nuke for a 52 and he'd be fine. He has some of the best single target damage in the game! If they rework him to be some wolverine style hero, with the way that guy's mechanics work it will ruin him. He's a boss killer and it's the way it should stay. :(

Thanks for the replies. I unlocked Iron Man, who I find OK, but my big problem ATM is I have 3 heroes that I enjoy as much as each other. I have got Scarlet Witch, Psylocke and Invisible Woman.. I can't for the life of me decide which one I like the most, so I can actually get one levelled up properly. I love the feel of Psylocke, but I can't see how she survives at end game, and that's the one thing putting me off levelling her?

I found Psylocke hard to play at first however now she's one of my fave heroes to use. Her blink and stealth skills are key to her play style, you can do mass damage from stealth and her melee dps is massive.

I have tons of heroes nowhere near the cap but I really enjoy levelling them all and frequently swap and change depending on my mood. I would recommend taking your time and not racing to level them all fast, just explore the game at your own pace.

I found Psylocke hard to play at first however now she's one of my fave heroes to use. Her blink and stealth skills are key to her play style, you can do mass damage from stealth and her melee dps is massive.

I have tons of heroes nowhere near the cap but I really enjoy levelling them all and frequently swap and change depending on my mood. I would recommend taking your time and not racing to level them all fast, just explore the game at your own pace.

I think I enjoy too many characters in this game! Hulk at 21, Psylocke at 19, Ironman at 18, Venom at 13 and then all the other starter heroes at 10 haha.. My favourites are definitely my highest 3 though. Just don't know for sure which of those 3 I prefer.

I'm trying to eventually cap out a hero, got Cap to 44 but takin it steady and doing a chapter and terminal a night.

Really want to play every hero though so struggle to stick to one :p

How do you go about maxing your character at cap? What do you do?

Deadpool is one of the worst heroes in the game. Only Taskmaster and Sue are weaker right now.

aw I thought it gives you a random hero crate thing ingame, not that the actual website gives you a code for a random hero. I just spammed answers and ended up getting rocket who I already have.

You can answer questions in a certain order to get certain heroes. Shame, coulda gotten Psylocke, been wanting to play her. Was too excited to just clicked 20 different answers and then entered the code.

Last edited:
I haven't tried but maybe if you use a proxy to visit the site, go through the pages with translation you could grab another hero ? There's no login or register needed so you never know.

Back
Top Bottom