Marvel Nerds, HELP!

Well I'm done and it has grown into a 137 book monster list (actually 147 if you count the Deadpool books :p)

I'll post it up over the weekend, too brain dead after puzzling it all out :p

Got my second delivery of NAv2,v3, Secret War and House of M. Polished off NAv2, it's decent, but I get the feeling it is building toward something as opposed to a stand alone. Though finding out the history of Sentry was fascinating!

I'm looking forward to seeing the new mega list! :D

Amazon will be making a small fortune out of us as I'm getting all of mine from them too. I've popped into a few high street shops to look for them and the ones they do have were ridiculously over priced!

As for other places to buy them from Forbidden Planet looks decent.

I really want to read the complete run of The Amazing Spiderman. But it looks like the Marvel Masterworks series only goes so far, and some of those volumes are pretty hard to find/expensive. Even comixology is missing a huge number of issues :(

As for other places to buy them from Forbidden Planet looks decent.

I ordered Volume 5 from Forbidden Planet over a month ago. I'm still waiting for it. They sent me an email saying it was out of stock and would be an extra 3 - 5 weeks. The 5 week point will be coming up in a few days time. Really disappointing :(

Last edited:
Is it not worth (if you have preferably a tablet or a smart phone iOS/android) Get the Marvel Unlimited app and cough up for that. If I recall you pay $60 a year and have complete access to Marvels back catalogue digitally and can download to read "offline" only slight crux with that the latest 6months worth of comics is not a part of the deal. But for the older stuff that’s pretty good value.

I've not used Marvel Unlimited personally but I heard it’s worth it. Of course this assumes you have a tablet.

Is it not worth (if you have preferably a tablet or a smart phone iOS/android) Get the Marvel Unlimited app and cough up for that. If I recall you pay $60 a year and have complete access to Marvels back catalogue digitally and can download to read "offline" only slight crux with that the latest 6months worth of comics is not a part of the deal. But for the older stuff that’s pretty good value.

I've not used Marvel Unlimited personally but I heard it’s worth it. Of course this assumes you have a tablet.

I'd be tempted if they released any arcs in the ideal read order, but I'm guessing it would just be the normal alphabetical way.

I've considered it. But I wouldn't do it for my iphone. I've used the ComixOlogy App, but only when they've been giving stuff away for free.

If I was going to do it I'd buy a tablet like a Kindle Fire or Ipad.

Ok the updated and hopefully (mostly) final list!

Uncanny Xmen New Age Vol 1 - The End of History
Uncanny Xmen New Age Vol 2 - The Cruellest Cut
Uncanny Xmen New Age Vol 3 - On Ice
Thunderbolts, One Step Forward
Thunderbolts, Modern Marvels
Avengers Disassembled
Pulse v1
Secret War
Pulse v2
New Avengers v1
Thunderbolts, Right of Power
New Avengers v2
New Avengers v3
House of M
House of M - Uncanny Xmen
Planet Hulk Prelude
Planet Hulk
Decimation
(other Decimation/House of M titles probably to get inserted here)
Uncanny Xmen New Age vol 4 - End of Greys
New Avengers v4
Pulse v3
Deadly Genesis
Uncanny Xmen New Age vol 5 - Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire
Uncanny Xmen, Extremists
Endangered Species
Road to Civil War
Civil War
Civil War Front Line v1
Civil War Front Line v2
Civil War New Avengers
Civil War Captain America
Civil War Thunderbolts
Civil War Iron Man
Civil War Xmen (not quite sure how this fits with Uncanny continuity, will take corrections on this one if someone knows)
Thunderbolts, The Guardian Protocols
Thunderbolts, Presents Zemo
Thunderbolts, Faith in Monsters
Mighty Avengers v1
New Avengers v6
New Avengers v7
World War Hulk
Thunderbolts, Caged Monsters
Might Avengers v2
Secret Invasion, New Avengers v8
Secret Invasion, New Avengers v9
Secret Invasion, Might Avengers v3
Secret Invasion, Might Avengers v4
Secret Invasion, Thunderbolts
Secret Invasion, Xmen
Secret Invasion, Deadpool
Penance Relentless
Dark Avengers v1
Thunderbolts, Bringing Down the House
Road to War of Kings
Mighty Avengers, Earths Mightiest
Dark Reign
Dark Reign, New Avengers v10
Dark Reign, Might Avengers the Unspoken
Dark Reign, Deadpool
Dark Reign, Deadpool and Thunderbolts
(From this point there is a 12 edition Deadpool arc which falls out of main continuity and only occasionally enters in so I will leave it out. They are, somewhat unsurprisingly, entitled, Deadpool v3-v12)
Dark Reign, Sinister Spiderman
New Avengers v11
New Avengers v12
Messiah Complex
Uncanny Xmen, Divided We Stand
Uncanny Xmen, Manifest Destiny
Uncanny Xmen, Lovelorn
Uncanny Xmen, Sisterhood
X Force v1
X Force v2
X Force v3
Messiah War
Utopia
Dark Avengers v2
Thunderbolts, Widowmaker
Nation X
Necrosha
Necrosha, X Force
X Force, Sex and Violence
Fall of the Hulks Prelude
Fall of the Hulks v1
Fall of the Hulks v2
Siege Prelude
Siege
Siege, The Iniative
Siege, Thunderbolts
Siege, Thor
Siege, New Avengers v13
Siege, Dark Avengers
Siege, Mighty Avengers
Siege Aftermath, Thor
Thunderbolts, Cage
War of Kings
War of Kings, Warriors
Second Coming
Uncanny Xmen, Birth of Generation Hope
Uncanny Xmen, Quarantine
Uncanny Xmen, Breaking Point
World War Hulks
Curse of the Mutants
Daredevil, Lady Bullseye
Daredevil, Return of the King
Daredevil, The Devils Hand
Shadowland
Shadowland, Daredevil
(Shadowland and SL Daredevil are supposed to read concurrently or make zero sense)
Shadowland, Thunderbolts
Chaos War
Chaos War, Incredible Hulk
Chaos War, Xmen
Chaos War, Avengers
Avengers v1
New Avengers (2) v1
Secret Avengers, Mission to Mars
Thunderbolts, Violent Rejection
Fear Itself
Fear Itself, Secret Avengers
Fear Itself, Thunderbolts
(There may be some more Fear Itself tie ins to go in here)
Schism
Thunderbolts, The Great Escape
Thunderbolts, Like Lightning
Dark Avengers, The End is Beginning
Uncanny Xmen v1
Wolverine and the Xmen v1
Secret Avengers, Run the Mission...
Avengers v3
New Avengers (2) v3
Uncanny Xmen v2
Wolverine and the Xmen v2
Uncanny Xmen v3
Wolverine and the Xmen v3
Xmen v Avengers
AvX
AvX Consequences
(large tie in so may be some more Avengers v Xmen tie ins, sounds cheesy but it is a good arc continuining on from the Messiah stuff)
Avengers v4
New Avengers (2) v4
Uncanny Xmen v4
Wolverine and the Xmen v4
Avengers v5
New Avengers (2) v5
Dark Avengers, Masters of Evil

There is probably more but thats the core arc and almost all them titles tie into the main arc to greater or lesser extents, but essentially it is all one big story arc!

I will highlight the Avengers stuff though it is pretty self explanatory, may be easier if you have any questions and I can just clarify. If anyone is focusing on the Avengers stuff the Thunderbolts are pretty important as Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers are flip sides of the coin at varying times in the series.

If anyone has any fixes or additions please tell me and I will happily update, that will be for my benefit too :)

How about All-New X-Men? I got the first 2 volumes of that from Amazon today. It features Hank McCoy bringing the original teenage X-Men from the past to confront Cyclops and try and convince him to stop leading the mutant revolution.

8qe6.jpg

:D

I'd be tempted if they released any arcs in the ideal read order, but I'm guessing it would just be the normal alphabetical way.

Since you typed that I got curious :p so I downloaded the app on my ipad to have a look. You can "preview" the whole catalogue and ! You can select a story arc and it will place the comics in that arc in the read order (well published date) so as near as dammit.

It's been a while since I've read comics but I have to say I'm considering purchasing a year of the Marvel unlimited. Its real nice that you can just pick a story arc and it has all the comics to that arc in the "correct" order.

Since you typed that I got curious :p so I downloaded the app on my ipad to have a look. You can "preview" the whole catalogue and ! You can select a story arc and it will place the comics in that arc in the read order (well published date) so as near as dammit.

It's been a while since I've read comics but I have to say I'm considering purchasing a year of the Marvel unlimited. Its real nice that you can just pick a story arc and it has all the comics to that arc in the "correct" order.

Doesn't really help that much though, most releases would have everything grouped by month any way (unless by publish date you mean actual individual days).

In a single month there was anywhere between 10-20 comics following the Civil War storyline, so if just grouped by month, it isn't going to help reading order too much.

In fact, some arcs actually work better not reading them based on release month (I'm looking at you Spider Island).

Looks like I am still bound to using community-made read orders from the likes of comicvine and comicbookresources.

Doesn't really help that much though, most releases would have everything grouped by month any way (unless by publish date you mean actual individual days).

In a single month there was anywhere between 10-20 comics following the Civil War storyline, so if just grouped by month, it isn't going to help reading order too much.

In fact, some arcs actually work better not reading them based on release month (I'm looking at you Spider Island).

Looks like I am still bound to using community-made read orders from the likes of comicvine and comicbookresources.

Comicvine is still most likely a better source. But with the app it's organized by individual days. Eg Civil war:

Amazing Spiderman #529 feb 22 2006
Amazing Spiderman #530 mar 22 2006
Fantastic Four #536 mar 29 2006
New Avengers: Illuminati mar 29 2006
Amazing Spiderman #531 apr 26 2006
Fantastic Four #537 apr 26 2006
Civil War: Opening shot may 1 2006
Civil War #1 may 3 2006
She-Hulk #8 24 may 2006

and so on and so on.

Its not the 100% correct reading order from what I have seen on the internet for Civil war. But well if the publication dates are 100% correct (which I would assume they would be as they come straight from Marvel) when the comics were released that would be the natural order you would read them in... as they were released. So seems good enough depends how crazy you want to get about it.

Comics where always quite hard to keep up with which was kind of why I stopped reading them lol. But this seems a nice easy way to get back into it. Pick a story arc and just read them in the order shown.

2 of the biggest influencing arcs of recent years are House of M and Civil War.

Will take a while to work from either of those to current releases though (it's taken me 3 years of reading whilst commuting).

Alternatively, you can read arc synopses on Wiki

Should I try to read all of the Amazing Spiderman before starting Superior Spiderman? And what about Ultimate Spiderman? I know its different universes, but is it worth reading both?

Back
Top Bottom