Marvel Studios What If...?

Associate
Looks like i'm alone in thinking this was awful garbage, it was all so cring and weird how everyone was so nice to each other that it sucked the personality out of all the characters.

And I really liked the first episode.

I didn't mind the second episode but I preferred the first.

Soldato
I enjoyed the second episode. It was great to hear Chadwick Boseman alas for the last time. Nice little honour at the end for a very good actor and from what I hear a great person.

Associate
I'm liking this so far, but I'm a little concerned that this is still all about the happily ever after!

They have an opportunity to go darker with no real consequence, to let the world go to hell, the heroes fall, show the bad guys winning!

Caporegime
I'm liking this so far, but I'm a little concerned that this is still all about the happily ever after!

They have an opportunity to go darker with no real consequence, to let the world go to hell, the heroes fall, show the bad guys winning!
They have a zombies episode coming up so you may get your wish.

Soldato
I've liked the first 3 What If's but not been blown away. The Guardians one was nicely done and fun it did feel a bit like a puff piece for T'Challa and I can understand the desire for that with Boseman's terminal illness. Third one was bit flat, although Hiddleston's Loki had a bit more of his usual pomp.

The 3rd episode also reminded me that Thor is over 1000 years old but in the MCU he changes his ways after only 3 days on Earth. Always thought he should have been there for a 100 years of despair and learning before becoming "worthy" again.

Soldato

How do you feel after ep4? ;)

Wasn't really interested in this show to start with, but gave it a shot and binged up to ep4 - nothing fantastic, but an interesting take on the MU.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I meant the zombies being able to use the powers rather than being mindless.

Ah yes totally agree. Physical traits fair enough speed, strength flight etc but using tech and weapons was a little silly.

If anyone read DCeased that's another great DC What If (elseworld) story.

Caporegime
Really enjoyed Ep5, but just as it was building to something big, it was over!!!

I would watch a movie about Marvel Zombies :)

It doesn't make sense why (Zombie) Thanos would be in Wakanda here to be honest...

His armies only attacked Wakanda in Infinity War because he needed the mindstone, and Vision was being protected there.

In this What If zombie story, Vision was pretty much alone on the Shield base.

Caporegime
A good episode this week. The animated versions of happy and Potts were great.

There's a mid season trailer that went up before today's episode aired. It implies that each episode isn't standalone so there might be some multiverse shenanigans in the next few episodes, unless it's misleading editting, which isn't unheard of in Marvel trailers.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom