Marvel Studios What If...?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
They got plenty of material to work with so I don't know why they don't bring in some of the classics.

Caporegime
Episode 8: too many superheroes and just ends up being messy.
Episode 9: too many superheroes and ends up being amazing. :D

On the whole not as good as season 1 and whilst the Kahoori episode was good, I'm not sure they need to introduce new characters when they have so many "What If's" they can do with the current pretty large roster of characters already in the MCU. Hela was really good, and Loki got some great lines as always. Roll on season 3....

rp2000

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
What a rubbish finale.
They threw supreme strange under the bus. He was like MVP of last season and main villain in season 2. Then they make Peggy the MC, I'm sorry she was dull and lacked character as some of the other characters. You'd think killmonger would be more alert after what happened to him in season 1 but he got made to took like a fool.
Supreme tanked ultrons move when he blew up the planet with all infinity stones. But here he couldn't take on 1 woman with just the tesseract on a beam battle! Peggy gets all the stones and pretty much masters them and slaps strange. They nerfed him big time just to make 2 women the MC's, 1 of them who is a brand new character.

Caporegime
Got round to watching this. Thought the series overall was superb but the finale was a bit OTT. The Happy Hogan Christmas episode and the first one with Nebula were my favourites.
I liked those too. I think I'd actually watch a Nova Corps/Nebula series in the same mould.Loved all the Bladerunner calls.

Last edited:
Associate
It's going to be a problem if they feel every series has to end with a big team up. There's a reason the comic what if series did a very occasional sequel story but otherwise each was standalone.

Caporegime
Yeah I agree, I think having each episode being a one off is absolutely fine and it doesn't have to end in a huge climax.

That being said I'm loving getting more Peggy Carter, Hayley Atwell is great.

Soldato

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP

One last season, would be nice if we got some different stories instead of just replacing an avenger with a different one for the final season.

totally agree, while i understand Avengers is their flagship characters, there a tonne of other famous what if stories they could cover which wouldnt take too much effort imo particularly when its all animated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom