Marvel Studios What If...?

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Read the source material but looks like they made it into an anime TV Series. Looks decent. Marvel Zombies. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not much of a Marvel fan but like the art style. I would rather watch this kind of thing than a CGI fest with real actors.

Also noticed at about 1:10 that the music and voiceover sounds recycled from the Star Trek (2009) trailer.

Soldato

Just seen trailer two - looks interesting and, as a complete "alternate universe" they can do whatever they like with race/gender etc swaps but I think it's more aimed towards keeping the same characters identical but placing them in a different situation.

I think King Killmonger (the hero from Black Panther to me) will be one to watch out for, seeing as it looks like he finally might be recognised as the good guy in this one!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Yes some very interesting alternative combos. Looking forward to Marvel Zombies in particular. :D

Soldato
Already some sad "internet rage" appearing because Marvel replaced the image of Sam (Falcon/Capt America) on their Capt America twitter page with one of Capt Carter, a white woman, from the new What If show, with typical comments being "Marvel just couldn't wait to replace a black Cpt America with a 'white faced' woman" etc.

All a bit sad and predictable nowadays.

Caporegime
Quite a short episode. Felt a bit average compared to other Marvel series. The animation looks like it's computer generated rather than drawn, although I'm sure it will grow on me.

Don't get the feeling it will tie into the movies like the 1st 3 Disney+ Marvel series either.

rp2000

Soldato
Quite a short episode. Felt a bit average compared to other Marvel series. The animation looks like it's computer generated rather than drawn, although I'm sure it will grow on me.

Don't get the feeling it will tie into the movies like the 1st 3 Disney+ Marvel series either.

rp2000

Executive producer Brad Winderbaum answered this question at a press conference about the show, where he said: "It's no coincidence that the show picks up right after Loki...The multi-verse has erupted in every possible direction. What if...? gives us a chance to explore that."

As a result, the multiverse series begins straight after Loki, though the actual events depicted within the show come from various points in the timeline, or have not even happened at all.

What if? from what I have read this ties in from the end of Loki and Loki ties into Dr Strange and the MoM. What if? is a look into various time lines that Dr Strange MoM will be visiting.

The animation is CGI, to be honest, I thought that would have been obvious. Looks pretty damn good too.

Soldato
Internet rage, or a few random comments from people that don't understand how alternate universes work?
From what I have read it's rage from putting a white woman in place of a black Cap't. What they don't understand is, Captain Carter is the first episode. They change the poster to reflect the next episode, this was with wanda and Loki. Not sure on Cap winter.

Back
Top Bottom