**Mass Effect 3**

Associate
Loved the first two, I just hope bioware doesn't streamline it too much . I enjoyed dragon age 2 but it wasn't as good as the first one, hopefully mass effect 3 will be amazing.

Bioware are my favorite game developers, but I don't like the new direction they are headed with the DLC on release, simplifying games and their catering to the consoles. Hope I'm proved wrong though :)

Associate
If it's similar to either ME1 or ME2 in any way then it will be awesome in my eyes. I think I actually prefer playing it for the story more than anything else, so so long as they complete the story in a satisfying way I'll be chuffed.

Soldato
Another thing - the trailer being named "Earthborn". Apparently it could be that this is from the Earthborn Shepard's perspective, and there will be more trailers to follow for Spacer and Colonist.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/5550741/1

Can only hope, i don't remember any real impact of your birthtype in ME2, maybe just the 1 mention related to the outcome of the situation you had to deal with on an infolink but nothing more.

Caporegime
Got my new Game Informer, read the ME3 article. Game starts with Shepard on Earth, effectively on trial in regard to the events of Arrival, and in the middle of the trial, the Reapers invade. Prologue involves Shepard's escape to the Normandy, and off to start finding those allies, fighting Reaper troops (husks of all the different species) the whole way.

Confirmed squadmates: Liara, Ashley/Kaiden, Garrus (if he's alive) and... James Sanders... That must be the guy from the trailer, I don't remember.
Speaking of which, there's a screenshot of Ashley with her hair down, and she actually looks hot. Don't have a scanner, so wait till someone with one turns up.

Confirmed to appear, but not guaranteed as squaddies: Wrex, Mordin, Legion, and Anderson. Obviously, if they live.

The game will by default feature a "previously on Mass Effect" comic to make decisions with if starting from scratch.

The Illusive Man also plays a prominent role, and Cerberus is out to kill Shepard. Reason why is unknown at this point.

The RPG elements are being beefed up, not going back to ME1, but giving more freedom with the character skills. Skill trees will be larger, and powers will evolve several times instead of just once, offering even more freedom. Weapons are ME2 style, with a set list, but mods make a return, not in the ME1 style,

but allowing you to swap out different parts such as barrels, scopes, and so on, which effect both the weapon's combat performance and its appearance.

All classes can wield all weapons unhindered now, but will have limited slots to carry them. Only the Soldier can carry all weapons at once. Probably means Adept, Engineer, and Sentinal will be limited to two, and Vanguard and Infiltrator will have three.

Also mentioned: The game will have numerous endings, some good, some bad, and who you have in your squad and which allies you recruit can have a drastic effect on which are available.

That's basically the gist of it, except for the sidebars filled with stuff everyone already knows.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention one thing: Confirmed NO MULTIPLAYER. They're talking about future games and/or spinoffs having it, but not this time.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/08/mass-effect-3-details-emerge-in-game-informer-multiplayer-ruled/

Soldato
Massively looking forward to this, have to play through ME2 again after getting it from the DA2 deal(at least one good thing came out of DA2:p)

Unfortunately, it is being released on consoles as well, so loads of people will just start ripping into it for every little detail, before playing it:rolleyes:

I really hope they learn from DA2 though, and don't rush it. I imagine they hold ME in higher regards than DA though, so they will work harder to get it right:)

Soldato
Sounds like they are stretching it a little bit...

Liara is an epic spoiler thanks to the ME2 DLC, surely theres no way she could play a major role as a squadmate too?

Given that the Reapers were shown billions and billions of miles outside the galaxy, the difference between star systems themselves would be trivial, especially with the relays. And given that there were 100s if not 1000s of them they could annihilate the galaxy rather than just ****ing with the earth...

And why would Cerberus now be out to kill Shephard? :confused:

Nice to see they've returned some customisation for the weapons though. Also nice they opened up the skills a bit more. The final evolution was always such a joke on ME2, invest 4 points, over half of the 6 points you've already invested so far, to get the same step increase in power or the same power but as AoE, for the most part it was always a no brainer.

Permabanned
Yeah, so many questions. Trying my best to avoid spoilers, not get too hyped, and just find out fresh on day one.

Probably pre-order the CE. ...Man, can't wait! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I just don't feel like preordering it this time. Preordered ME2 DDE and DA:O DDE. DA2 was a crock of **** that i'm not going near and i have a feeling that ME3 will be more of the same with a very thin storyline.

I dunno maybe things will change... but it just doesn't interest me atm.

Permabanned
Did DA2 sell poorly, relative to the first? I know there was loads of criticism, but either way I'd like to think they would realise such and work that much harder for what supposedly isn't just a sequel but "the epic conclusion of the trilogy", which would surely motivate me if I were on the ME3 dev team... but then I'm not a jaded coder.

Somehow held off and decided to first play a friend's copy of DA2, am glad I did. However, for this, the kid in me is much stronger, having had an absolute blast on ME 1 & 2, really wanting to believe the final chapter is all that...and will be gutted if it's a big let-down.

Didn't start gaming yesterday, so of course I'm prepared for the worst, but man do I hope things turn out magnificently for a change. I'm gonna keep the faith and pre-order. *crosses fingers/touches wood*

Last edited:
Associate
Sounds like they are stretching it a little bit...

Liara is an epic spoiler thanks to the ME2 DLC, surely theres no way she could play a major role as a squadmate too?

Why? No one would know that she wasn't there (or that she even was the SB) she could let that Drell do it on her behalf while she goes off the help save the galaxy.

It wouldn't be a very fun game if the reapers just wiped out the galaxy in one big attack :p They are probably attacking Earth just to **** off Shepard.

Soldato
Why? No one would know that she wasn't there (or that she even was the SB) she could let that Drell do it on her behalf while she goes off the help save the galaxy.

It wouldn't be a very fun game if the reapers just wiped out the galaxy in one big attack :p They are probably attacking Earth just to **** off Shepard.

Oh come on, beings capable of wiping out all evolved life in the galaxy every 50,000 years would surely be above petty things like attacking earth (when they could probably blow it out of space). I dunno its just i pictured it more to be a race against time while the Reapers approached with the attacks happening as a climax. Them attacking Earth just to **** off shephard seems a little stupid when you're talking about a race of giant super advanced machines.

Perhaps but the SB is hardly a small job. Still i guess the Drell could do it.

Caporegime
Remember, Vigil in Mass Effect 1 said that it took centuries for the Reapers to wipe out all sentient life. They don't go in for planet destruction as they need the resources and they want life to rebuild itself.

Soldato
Remember, Vigil in Mass Effect 1 said that it took centuries for the Reapers to wipe out all sentient life. They don't go in for planet destruction as they need the resources and they want life to rebuild itself.

Well no but i was just saying they probably had the firepower to split the planet if they were really ****ed :p

Suppose that is true (not that it makes sense).

Permabanned
This is how Shepard will take on the Reapers:

me3_math_by_epantiras-n8z2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom