Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Soldato
I ignored the panel quest and got to the ship and left the station. You're right though it isn't obvious where it is. I'm not sure about the map yet. Just take the tram and you'll find it eventually. The game really opens up after that.

Soldato
Yeah it is a little weird and I would say badly paced at that point. It throws some quests at you (like the panels) but does it in a way that suggests they are required.

I only really noticed this after playing ME2 the last few nights. The pacing and critical / optional mission introduction is simply done better.

In order to get off the station I think you need to ensure you have spoken to the Head guy in his office (underneath the ops centre).

jpm

jpm

Associate
I've put just over 30 hours into it so far, gone back to it from having a little break from Destiny.

I like it but I agree with Owe the pacing can be a bit off but its picked up for me now.

The alliance and friendship quests are good, just finished up Peebee's who at the moment is my favourite character in the game.

Soldato
I think I will finish ME:2 (well at least the main story) first and then get back into ME:A.

The only thing I think I will struggle with is going from a super smooth 60FPS (My i7 / 780m is making mincemeat of the game even with 4xSSAA, 8xMSAA and 16xAF) to whatever ME:A decides to run at....

jpm

jpm

Associate
Just finished it, good game but the story wasn't half as good as the other games and most of the characters were forgettable.

EA have announced that Mass Effect have been put on ice so won't see one for a while.

Soldato
Been playing this, but there are a lot of side quests that you put a lot of effort into and then the payoff is incredibly lacklustre. Half the time it doesn't even look like you get anything for doing them!

I've decided to only focus on the ark, some relationship quests and the main one and get it finished ASAP. As it doesn't really give you a reason to do more.
Combat is pretty poor compared to the others, the voice acting and script is appalling (when they leave Ryder talking at the ship crew meeting, so painful) and the loot system doesn't make you excited about anything you pick up.
Shame really as the game's premise of exploration is great, but I loved the other ones and tried to 100% them as much as I could and this one I can't wait to finish.

Associate
I've been chipping away at it for a while. The best missions are the relationship quests. Some feel like old Mass Effect.

The problem with this game is the open world stuff is really boring and all the side quests just have no relevance other than for XP. The tasks are even worse, no reason to bother with those unless your a completionist (which I usually am but this games boring side tasks broke me).

Just finished all the planets to 100% and at LVL 54 I think. Lots more to go yet.

Associate
I think its the chore of having to do the planets that get in the way. Its the same on each one.

If they'd have scrapped the open world bit and just gone for the same style as the other mass effects but with huge vaults on different worlds and more fleshed out friend/story missions I think it would've been good. I had to force myself through the planet viability stuff just so I could play the story missions and gain XP/level up.

Soldato
Completed this the other week. It was "ok". Don't regret playing through it at all, but whereas I'm likely to revisit the original trilogy in the future I doubt I'll go back to this. It didn't really have any character or sense of urgency and story progression that you got with the first games. It's a shame, but I still enjoyed the experience.

Soldato
This game really disappointed me tbh, At first it was pretty good but I found it became boring and repetitive very quickly it’s also not very well written. I’m a huge Mass effect fan but this one just did not do it for me like the others. It’s ok just fails to live up to the others by a large margin. I still need to finish it but tbh I’m not sure if I will.....

Back
Top Bottom