Mass Effect: Andromeda Thread

Soldato
Just can't get over how hilariously bad this game looks. I've watched a good few hours of twitch streams now and wow... Imagine playing the first three and then paying for this abomination. :p Games like this need to fail.

The $40,000,000 comedy.

Im a few hours in and i cant stop noticing the poor voice acting. I went default male Ryder thinking that would be the least affected by poor anims but nope...truly awful.

I will try and persevere but i wont last much longer lol

Soldato
so guess the game really is a miss then? Shame as I did enjoy the first 3 games. Mass Effect games take like 20 - 30 hrs to really play and get the most out of them, not sure I can sit through 20 + hrs of poor voice acting and facial animations lol

Soldato
I cant give this anymore time, 6 hours is enough for me. One of the worst games ive played this generation, i simply don't have the gaming time to waste on trash like this.

Sold.

Soldato
Im a few hours in and i cant stop noticing the poor voice acting. I went default male Ryder thinking that would be the least affected by poor anims but nope...truly awful.

I will try and persevere but i wont last much longer lol

I think the male Ryder voice acting is pretty good (I'm talking about the VO itself and not necessarily the writing). Certainly when you compare it to Mr Wooden Commander Shephard.

Surprised so many hate the game, I'm 40 hours in an absolutely loving it. Loads to do, love how open the world is, and as the story advances and you get more invested in the characters it becomes even more enjoyable. The combat is brilliant too, definitely the highlight for me. Even on console the game looks great at times too.

I only played/completed ME2 and ME3 in the run up to the release and I'm enjoying this as much as I did those two games. I finished up both of those in about 25 hours each, so to already be on 40 hours for Andromeda with loads left to do is saying something.

I particularly like the fact that we're in a new galaxy as explorers, so doing side missions and the like doesn't feel out of place - compared to ME2 and ME3, where I felt odd going off to do seemingly pointless side missions when the fate of humanity is at risk, always found that a bit jarring. As I said above as, glad not to have to listen to Commander Shephard any more. I like the character but his voice acting was atrocious.

Soldato
I'm about 20 hours in and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. Maybe I have a low quality threshold but I can't really see any issues with the facial animations (although Female Ryder does look a bit strange initially) or the voice acting.

Soldato
Anyone having issues with the waypoints? I've just cleared out a huge base on some planet called voelk or something like that but the waypoint hasn't gone back to the person I need to speak to so that I can finish the mission. I left the area after turning it all off and now every single enemy has respawned :(

Associate
I think I must be one of the few that's really enjoying this. It's very enjoyable and the combat is particularly good this time round. Some of the AI is a bit dumb but it feels great to play. It's still frustrating as hell though, as with a few more months in development it could have been excellent, and could have launched in a decent state. My main complaint is that none of the characters really stand out like they did in the original trilogy. Still, it's a solid game as far as I'm concerned but it definitely could have done with some more work. If they build on this like they should though, the next game could indeed be very impressive.

Maybe I just went in with low expectations but after the reviews I was expecting this to be a colossal steaming turd. It actually pleasantly surprised me.

Finally, quick question... a lot of people seem to really have it in for PeeBee. Why? I kinda like her. Is there something I'm missing?

Soldato
just completed this at a 97% playthrough with a 96hours clocked up, loved it, clearly has faults like crashing back to console desktop (ps4 pro) and moments where you get stuck in scenery, BUT apart from that enjoyed the story and enjoyed the universe. Hope there is more

Soldato
Is there any way to view progress towards the Terminator trophy/achievement? I feel like I should have killed waaaay more than 2000 enemies by now.

If you go to skills in the pause menu and then press triangle it'll show your stats. Think the enemies killed is under the milestones tab.

Soldato
A new patch for the game has been released, a fair few bugs have been fixed but im more interested in the MP balance changes. I haven't had a go since the patch was implemented party due to boredom but also because of other games. Im certainly going to give it a go tonight to see how these balance changes shake things up

Powers in general got a buff, especially the ones related to tech constructs. There also seems to be a huge amount of equipment added and the power bonuses have been rebalanced(sometimes doubled) in the passives tree and on equipment. This was needed, especially on equipment as the power damage bonus was generally quite terrible. Grenades havent been buffed although they generally felt quite strong to me, also some classes that were overly strong like the Asari Adept have been nerfed through lowering the melee shield restore bonus and a general nerfing of Annihilation field. Combos have also been buffed massively depending on difficulty which was needed as they only seemed to tickle the enemy on Gold.

Some assault rifles have got a huge buff and looking at some of the bonuses it seems like they have overdone it(Hornet) so I can't help but feel the people deciding on the damage values don't have a clue what they are doing but at least something is being done. The Vanquisher has been nerfed a bit but not to the point its become unuseable. Theyve also buffed the Shadow, it was really weak but it looks like it might at least be useable if a beam type sniper is your thing.

Old favourites like the Mattock and the Carnifex have been buffed although they still dont look like strong picks which is fair considering their rarity. I still have no idea what the $%^$% they were thinking when they originally decided on the weapon stats. A 10 year old could have done a better job of balancing the weapons on initial release.

Last edited:
Caporegime
There is absolutely zero excuse for what went on with the Andromeda multiplayer. Every enemy in the game has an equivalent in ME3. Hell, even some of the weapons are copied. Why in God's name did they not simply copy the database from ME3 to Andromeda and then tweak it as necessary. That way they would have had ready built HP, damage, etc.

As soon as I saw the biotic combos did bugger all in MP, I stopped playing. Can't say when I'll go back now as I'm engrossed in Borderlands 2.

Associate
Finally finished the game about half hour ago, thought overall it was pretty good. Script was pretty bad and some quests were just stooooopid.

Think I'm being a bit dumb here, I'm trying to get all trophies and only need the matchmaker one which I presume I'm going to have to play the game again for (yay me :rolleyes:). How do you actually know when you've fully romanced a character? That's what I don't get, is there an option to see your status anywhere??

And can you romance them after the main story has ended? I seem to still have a flirt option with Gil when I was doing the homecoming mission where you have to talk to your crew members individually after beating the game.

Soldato
For the panels you need to bring up the scanner. It should highlight the "wires" to follow in yellow.

In terms of getting off the ship (do you mean the station or the Tempest?) you go to the flight deck and plot your destination.

To get off the station you head to the hanger (I forget what it is actually called) and access the Tempest from the door on the far right (overlooking the ship itself).You may have to ensure you have done everything required in your journal up to that point (speak to everyone concerned etc).

Soldato
For the panels you need to bring up the scanner. It should highlight the "wires" to follow in yellow.

In terms of getting off the ship (do you mean the station or the Tempest?) you go to the flight deck and plot your destination.

To get off the station you head to the hanger (I forget what it is actually called) and access the Tempest from the door on the far right (overlooking the ship itself).You may have to ensure you have done everything required in your journal up to that point (speak to everyone concerned etc).

Thanks. I'll give this another go later. I'm 99% sure I'll enjoy it.

Soldato

I do mean the station sorry, will finish starter quests like the panels and see if it tells me how to proceed from there.

Back
Top Bottom