Masssive Xbox leak reveals new consoles

Soldato
Hardly any physical media is printed now, tens of millions with gamepass, I’d have bought the PS5 digital edition if it had been available. I just find it much easier, click, buy, download, play and the second it’s released.
I think hardly is a bold word, millions of copies of physical games are sold each year.

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like the new XBOX might be better than my RTX4080 and give a better experience, just like when the Series X came out and it was a good time to ditch the PC. Again this might be the case with the Series X Refresh.
The mid cycle refresh Xbox won't offer comparable performance to a RTX 4080. Did you mean the new gen console in 2028 ?

Soldato
Heads will be rolling for this leak.

I'm an physical media only person but if Xbox goes all digital then I wouldn't mind. As my Xbox is an basically an GamePass machine.

ARM64 CPU!?!?! So they are considering an alternative to AMD for the CPU side now?

Last edited:
Caporegime
LOL, how many series S and X only games have their been? How many years did it take for production levels to meet demand. For that reason almost no kids have even bothered changing from the Xbox one.

How about they actually build some series x only games before they bother bringing out a more powerful one with no games.

Associate
Finally full steam ahead for the digital future. I wonder if they're ready to abandon physical for next gen in 2028.
This suggests they are abandoning physical entirely for next gen, they will just need to continue to support the legacy for the remainder of this gen. Then it is back to the Xbox one plan that was originally scrapped due to the backlash.

Soldato
I’m all for digital if digital games on Xbox and PlayStation come down or we get other ways to buy them.

Digital on PC has multiple ways, different store fronts, key sites and general when games launch day one on PC they don’t cost as much as consol.

Associate
* Is user serviceable: The new controller is designed with right to repair in mind, so the user can easily take it apart and replace components
Even if only lip-service to the wider concept, that is actually significant IMO.

The 2028 rumours of a hybrid ARM / x86 are interesting. I guess Microsoft intend to pay for all of that?

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool, i'll pick up one of those controllers next year.

If the refreshed Series X takes normal 2280 NVME drives (doubtful), i may replace my Series X with one.

I'm not bothered about the lack of drive in the refresh or going forward. The last Xbox disc game i bought was on the 360. I had to test the drives worked before selling my Xbox One & Xbox One X consoles as i'd never used them. The only disc game i have currently is Horizon (still sealed) that came with my PS5.

Last edited:
Associate
Shame about the future of consoles going digital only. It was only a matter of time. I still remember the uproar when they announced the Xbox One was going to be all digital (they reversed the decision quick). Even if you're digital only, there's people that solely play physical. It's only the company that wins in the end, whereas consumers lose the right to buy pre-owned games, trade games etc.

Soldato
Shame about the future of consoles going digital only. It was only a matter of time. I still remember the uproar when they announced the Xbox One was going to be all digital (they reversed the decision quick). Even if you're digital only, there's people that solely play physical. It's only the company that wins in the end, whereas consumers lose the right to buy pre-owned games, trade games etc.

Sort of the reason why Nintendo games hold value. They are not pushing digital only but some of their games are limited print.

Soldato
LOLZ! No chance. If anything they will go up. Once there is no competition from physical media then publishers can price games at what they want and there is nothing that anybody can do about it. It's why I still buy games on disc.

Exactly - get ready for £69.99 titles.

At least with physical disc I can buy games some time after launch for bargain prices.

Soldato
no disk drive is suicide, they will alienate a lot of gamers going down this road, there's no mention of an add on drive
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom