Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Associate
OP
OK, I've made my first referral to test out this system.. I have my dad doing it (i.e. me on behalf of him), so it shouldn't take long to see how this works.

OK, just to confirm, I have just received an email from FTO to say that my referral has been validated and that I will be receiving £10 very soon!! :D

Pretty generous referral if you ask me!

Associate
OP
Ha interesting, you have been making some very similar posts to a user over there at roughly the same times too.

Aha, I can see what you mean!!

If you're referring to the referral thing - it's not surprising since they launched it on the same day. I think you'll find that most people who used it before it revamped would have already met the £75 qualifier for the referral scheme and therefore did it at roughly the same time since they started publicising it on email.

And anyway - I'm no longer a student! :cool: Although I have found out that I had more disposable income when I was a student... :(

Associate
Is it worth waiting a couple of months until the football starts again properly?

I've read a few thigns saying it's easier that way but have no idea how true that is

Associate
OP
Is it worth waiting a couple of months until the football starts again properly?

I've read a few thigns saying it's easier that way but have no idea how true that is

I agree, although there are international leagues at moment, so there are still offers that you can take advantage of..

Soldato

If I had just started now I think I would find it quite a bit harder due to the limited range of markets, but currently I'm using horses... although a bit risky as the odds change very very quickly and I wouldn't recommend them to someone new.

You could start doing some small offers now, just take it slowly until the football season starts again.

Associate
OP
If I had just started now I think I would find it quite a bit harder due to the limited range of markets, but currently I'm using horses... although a bit risky as the odds change very very quickly and I wouldn't recommend them to someone new.

You could start doing some small offers now, just take it slowly until the football season starts again.

Agreed, that's a nice way to do it (i.e. start with small offers and ramp it up when the footie season returns). At least that will give you some footing so that you can take advantage of offers quickly when it returns.

Very true about horses, and I agree - definitely not something that should be done by amateurs - especially if you're doing in-game as well..

In theory, matched betting should be based on maths as opposed to odds that you're getting anyway - whilst it does matter if you're gambling, since we're not, it shouldn't really matter...

Associate
OP
How are people getting on? I might get ready for the start of the new season.

To be honest, I've been a bit lazy lately and since my last post, I haven't don any offers..

On the other hand, I've been referring my Facebook friends to Fixtheodds to try and make some money with a referral fee instead, from which I received my first cheque last week.

I tried a similar thing with LoveFilm to get my Nintendo Wii, and it took a lot of effort trying to convince people to take out a free trial.. However this has been a slightly easier sell as it's free and people actually make money..

But yes - like you, I'm definitely going to try again to try and capitalise on more matches and perhaps do some of the Euro currency offers once I've exhausted the UK ones...

Associate
Not sure if this is true now, but when I started a couple of years ago the larger bookies used to give much larger signup bonuses around particular events (Cheltenham for example) - so I was advised that it's best to hold off signing up to the larger bookies in order to be able to "pounce" on the larger offers...

Permabanned
A mate taught me how to match bet and I made a good 1/2 grand from it.
I haven't done any in so long I'm not sure I remember how tbh.

Soldato
Not sure if this is true now, but when I started a couple of years ago the larger bookies used to give much larger signup bonuses around particular events (Cheltenham for example) - so I was advised that it's best to hold off signing up to the larger bookies in order to be able to "pounce" on the larger offers...

Is still true, although the bonuses aren't what they used to be.

Associate
Slightly OT, but I signed up for Paddy Power recently to try a bit of matched betting. That all went smoothly, but I decided to put on a proper bet on Saturday with the start of the new season. I deposited some money and put on a big footy bet - trebles, fourfold etc. I lost money on the bet, but ended up getting some back. Unfortunately it was less than £10 so Paddy Power won't let me withdraw it!! How can they do that?

Back on topic - be careful with Paddy Power if your matched bet ould end up with you having less tha £10 on PP.

Back
Top Bottom