Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Associate
I messed up my first offer....

When I went to make my free bet on SkyBet, I added my free bet but somehow also managed to add the £10 of real money actuall in my account so staked £20.

My betfair lay won so i've basically just lost about £5.

Pretty annoying as I really thought i'd just used by free bet but I must have added it on top somehow.

Caporegime
Really really interested in doing this as I need some cash big time.

But I have not got a clue about all this gambling stuff :o especially for this, seems so complicated.

Is there a noob friendly guide or something?

Is it possible to loose money at all?

Soldato
Really really interested in doing this as I need some cash big time.

But I have not got a clue about all this gambling stuff :o especially for this, seems so complicated.

Is there a noob friendly guide or something?

Is it possible to loose money at all?

if you don't know what you're doing I would recommend you didn't bother

Soldato
To be fair, if you use Fixtheodds you don't even really need to know what you're doing.

True to a certain extent... if something does go wrong and you don't actually understand the instructions you are being spoon fed then you will probably have no idea how to correct and minimise the potential loss.

Caporegime
I am one of these people who looks at things and thinks "OMG WTF, this is soooo complicated" and then when I successfully do whatever it was I think "god that was soooo easy, how did I not get that first time, if I can do it, anyone can" :p

But this a bit different now, since money is involved, so want to be absolutely sure how this works.

Is there any simplified guide that covers everything?

Associate
I don't think it's been mentioned earlier in this thread - but don't forget to use cashback sites such as Quidco when signing up to bookies - lot of them offer £10-£20 cashback for signup and placing (usually) a small bet.

Soldato
I am one of these people who looks at things and thinks "OMG WTF, this is soooo complicated" and then when I successfully do whatever it was I think "god that was soooo easy, how did I not get that first time, if I can do it, anyone can" :p

But this a bit different now, since money is involved, so want to be absolutely sure how this works.

Is there any simplified guide that covers everything?

I can only provide what you could find yourself from google Im afraid

http://www.freebets4all.com/matched-betting-guide.aspx
http://www.matchedbetting.co.uk/guide.html

The fixtheodds does the whole thing step by step for you although it doesn't really explain why or how whilst you go through those steps although they do have a FAQ that goes in to some detail

http://www.fixtheodds.com/faq-matched-betting-guide.cfm

Soldato
I don't think it's been mentioned earlier in this thread - but don't forget to use cashback sites such as Quidco when signing up to bookies - lot of them offer £10-£20 cashback for signup and placing (usually) a small bet.

Didn't think of this, thanks :)

EDIT: I use topcashback.co.uk and looking at some of the cashback offers they look too good to be true, ...so are they?? Do you think it would affect my signup bonus or something? Have you used cashback sites before and have they worked for online gambling sites?

Last edited:
Associate
When I did this I kept a very detailed log in Excel of the money involved... I'd recommend this so you know you're doing it correctly, and it's nice to see the money rolling in. :cool:

Soldato

EDIT: I use topcashback.co.uk and looking at some of the cashback offers they look too good to be true, ...so are they?? Do you think it would affect my signup bonus or something? Have you used cashback sites before and have they worked for online gambling sites?

I must have received a good £80 from cashback alone :)

When I did this I kept a very detailed log in Excel of the money involved... I'd recommend this so you know you're doing it correctly, and it's nice to see the money rolling in. :cool:
Yes, good idea. I'm using Ultimatcher3.. has basically everything you need.

Associate

The offers are good and (in my experience) don't affect your sign-up bonus at all - the only thing to watch is that you'll sometimes need to fulfill a slightly different requirement for the cashback site (for example "wager £x") from the signup bonus - otherwise it's all fine and above board.

For info - checking my Ultimatcher spreadsheet I made over £150 from cashback alone so it's well worth doing.

Soldato
I must have received a good £80 from cashback alone :)

Yes, good idea. I'm using Ultimatcher3.. has basically everything you need.

The offers are good and (in my experience) don't affect your sign-up bonus at all - the only thing to watch is that you'll sometimes need to fulfill a slightly different requirement for the cashback site (for example "wager £x") from the signup bonus - otherwise it's all fine and above board.

For info - checking my Ultimatcher spreadsheet I made over £150 from cashback alone so it's well worth doing.

Need say no more, I'm on it :D

Caporegime

TMP

TMP

Associate
So I take it now would be a great time to start picking this up then, with the prm league about to start up?

Back
Top Bottom