Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Associate
Can't you just deposit another £10 into Paddy Power, then withdraw it all then?

That, my friend, is a very good point and I will try that later.

If it does work it highlights the stupidity of the condition - I imagine the reason behind it is to prevent transactions for small amounts as they will probably get charged per transaction - If I can get round it by doing two transactions it defeats the purpose.

@Lethal - somehow I missed this particular condition when reading the T&C's. I normally like to sit down with a cup of tea and read through all 328 clauses before accepting the T&C's (like everyone else does I imagine). I think I will have to make a pot of tea next time and read through it twice to be on the safe side. ;)

Soldato
Some bookies have weird requirements for deposits too, like it must be bet at least once first. I suppose you could stick it on a 1.01 odds in the last few minutes of a match though :)

Caporegime
I'm trying this again now the seasons started. Much lower forced losses.

Still waiting for my £50 from coral though

Associate
This brings back some memories, made over a grand in the space of 2 months a few years ago on this. Back then pretty much every bookmaker was doing at least £50 free matched bets. I remember betfred and sportingbet doing £200 which was pretty amazing particularly because sportingbet were doing SR as well lol.

Associate
OP
This brings back some memories, made over a grand in the space of 2 months a few years ago on this. Back then pretty much every bookmaker was doing at least £50 free matched bets. I remember betfred and sportingbet doing £200 which was pretty amazing particularly because sportingbet were doing SR as well lol.

Wow, that's pretty impressive.

Did you do it by hand or automatically?

Caporegime
Im confused and can't understand why.

First bet after all settling I lost £1.33
From this I have a £50 free bet from Coral and have layed that with £93 on a draw result

If its a draw I get £175 back from Coral and lose the £93 = £80 up
If its not a draw I get £120 payout from Betfair and lost the £50 free bet = £120 up.

Surely this can't be right??!

Soldato
Im confused and can't understand why.

First bet after all settling I lost £1.33
From this I have a £50 free bet from Coral and have layed that with £93 on a draw result

If its a draw I get £175 back from Coral and lose the £93 = £80 up
If its not a draw I get £120 payout from Betfair and lost the £50 free bet = £120 up.

Surely this can't be right??!

Sounds like one hell of an arb (back odds considerably higher than lay odds) if so!

What were the odds for each?

Soldato
Draw 5/2

Lay 3.8

Im sure I have something wrong.

Looks like it might be fine... what was your lay stake? I'm assuming your liability is £93 and that wasn't your lay stake (I hope not!).

Lay stake of: £33.33
Draw WIN: Coral return £125 - Lay Loss £93.32 = 31.68
Draw LOSS: Lay Win - £31.66 - Coral return £0 = £31.66

That make sense?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks,

Lay stake was £33.36.

A Draw win would be on top of the free £50 too surely? Or do you not get the free £50 back as my return from Coral would be £175

Soldato
Thanks,

Lay stake was £33.36.

A Draw win would be on top of the free £50 too surely? Or do you not get the free £50 back as my return from Coral would be £175

As far as I know Coral is stake not returned, so you only get the winnings of a free bet wager. :)

Back
Top Bottom