Max Payne 1 & 2 Remake coming from Remedy & Rockstar

Soldato
Remakes do nothing for me and I rarely buy.
Are Devs bereft of original ideas for games nowadays or is it all about makng quick money?

Think I will give 3 another go not sure I particularly liked it first time around but apart from the new content for The Division 2 I am struggling to find anythng to keep me amusedamused.

Last edited:
Associate
How are people having issues running the old games? There's plenty of easy guides to follow, no idea how some of you struggle.

Thanks for these links - I followed a few guides elsewhere which didn't help.

I'll buy again and have another go!

Man of Honour
Imagine how good they would be if it were just the originals in full RTX similar to Quake II RTX :eek:
I tried Quake RTX and was... underwhelmed. RTX is great and all but it needs to be implemented with modern textures and assets/technologies in support. It just looks like polished turd when redone in old games with nothing else upgraded, case in point, Quake 2 RTX.

Max Payne was a benchmark for its time, but that time is long gone and it looks pants compared to what we are spoiled with today. A full overhaul is needed like what is being done with Dead Space.

Soldato
How are people having issues running the old games? There's plenty of easy guides to follow, no idea how some of you struggle.

Because they're old games lol. Even after the 2022 fixpack, i still had to try two different sound fixes to get audio working in the cut scenes and i still had to edit the registry to get 21:9 working correctly. That's just how it is with some systems.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom