***Max Payne 3***

Associate
What I find really odd is the inclusion of the golden gun parts, which encourages you to explore levels, but then making you fail the level if you take too long looking around.... make your mind up Rockstar!

Soldato
Really enjoying it :) I loved the first two games on PC, so was pretty eager to see what #3 was going to be like on the 360 - very pleased!

The cut scenes haven't really bothered me to be honest, they help drip feed the story and must have succeeded in immersing me into it; hence not being too bothered by their frequency or duration.

Graphics are very good, as it the sound, the controls take a little getting used to, as does the free aim - the game also is quite a challenge. If I recall correctly the easy/medium/hard didn't really change anything about the AI on the original games; only the amount of painkillers around and damage taken/given.

As mentioned above the switching back to a pistol from a two handed weapon during cut scenes is annoying, but you learn to live with it.

Something that the media and scaremongering masses are bound to jump on to: the level of violence. It does a pretty good job of depicting some pretty brutal scenes - torture, murder, questionable consent and the final kill camera shows what looks like destructible body parts (still trying to work out if I've blow off jaws etc - not the shark you pervs!).... so needless to say, bad parents don't buy this for little Johnny!.

All good though, and looking forward to playing it again once my other half has finished uni (I'm helping her study).... oh, and GR is out this week!

Soldato
It would be great if there was a way to view the final kill cameras again, I've had some fantastic shots. Personal favourite was unloading a full Uzi magazine into a guys face. The framrate must've dropped below 5fps! :D

Caporegime
OP
I wouldn't bother with the multiplayer for a while, all the major games suffer lag and various bugs until a couple of months afterward when the majority of things have been ironed out. Plus one of the biggest draws of Max Payne is the narrative. :)

Soldato
Made it to disc 2 so far, and the visuals around the favela are stunning, as is Max's animation when you first arrive and he's walking about. Really enjoying it so far despite issues with shoot dodge and dying every 3 minutes. :D

Man of Honour
Finished the game last night, and I have to admit, I absolutely loved it. Some bits were definitely very hard, even on medium difficulty, but really rewarding when you got past those bits. My main gripe was that I'd sometimes die after being shot by someone I couldn't even see, which was annoying. I found the story a little hard to follow in places, with the seperate groups with all the weird names (my fault mainly though I think for not paying more attention to those group names). Will definitely be going through some of the other modes soon, as well as replying on Hard difficulty. Well worth the money IMO.

Associate
Rented this game basically to get a rough idea what to expect from GTAV and I absolutely love it. Just got to the favelas, the graphics are stunning, the animations of the characters is unbelievable, and the story is great. If GTA lifts some things straight from this game I'l be very happy.

Associate
Ok have not gotten this game yet, (money issues :( ) but what I want to know is, have they stuck to the dark comic-noir we all came to love about the Max payne games, or is it now just a fancy third person shooter??

I hope they have kepst some elements of it in there. :(

Associate
Still has the gritty noire feel, especially with the voice-overs and one-liners.

They've updated the comic book aspect so it's more 'digital-age', kinda like a cross between SC:Conviction and Kane & Lynch 2.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Just had my first game of multiplayer, really enjoying it.

Had some good games earlier, only problem I got is the spawning as someone already mentioned, its like MW3 over again, sometimes I spawn and someone is there right behind and kills me but hopefully they sort that out soon.

It didn't ruin the enjoyment of the game though which is the main thing.

Back
Top Bottom