***Max Payne 3***

Soldato
Finally got past a bit that was annoying me a lot and making me hate the game. Now I think it isn't that bad. The slow motion final kills are amusing. Had one of me emptying a clip of an AK47 into some blokes penis :eek:

Caporegime
Finally managed to finish this last night, was a bit of a chore getting the final bits done but at least im cleared for Ghost Recon which should be with me later this week so i can give my full attention to that.

Enjoyed the game immensely and im not a max payne fan but this had me hooked from the word go.

Soldato
Just been playing this today my first time gaming on the xbox in a few months. It really makes me smile how far they are pushing the hardware as this game looks fantastic. Really enjoying the game so far and can't wait to play some more...

Caporegime
OP
I'm in the Favela, really enjoying it so far, think I'll attempt it on the hardest difficulty on my second playthrough, though there are some parts on medium which I've had to replay at least 3 or 4 times. Turned off the automatic aiming as it felt like I was using an aimbot with perfect hedshots every time. :D

Soldato
I think you have to finish on hard to unlock hardcore and old school.

I finished it on Hard first time but it was rage inducing in parts, with my controller barely making it out alive. I don't fancy the Payne of anything harder... :p

Caporegime
OP
I think you have to finish on hard to unlock hardcore and old school.

I finished it on Hard first time but it was rage inducing in parts, with my controller barely making it out alive.

Hmm... I might not have the patience for that. There's only been one part where I've felt a bit cheated though.
When you're trying to get the computer geek to the server room and loads of those guys drop down through the ceiling.
I died about 5 times in a row, raged, then managed it on the next attempt really easily.

I don't fancy the Payne of anything harder... :p

Oh you! :D :D

Last edited:
Soldato
The hardest part was the end.

The final battle with Becker in the hangar before the plane leaves, with him spamming grenades at you with a ton of his men all shooting at you.
Took me about 2 hours to finally do it. Those who've finished it will know what I mean and on hard with free aim its like being rogered with a cactus...probably. :o

Caporegime
OP
Don't want to quote the spoiler ^^^ but yeah I was raging on that bit, turned my xbox off for a bit, went back on and did it straight away lol

Hah yeah, I was just dying over and over, I tried going to different ends of the room but the enemies don't hang about, they'll just come at you from two different directions and then you have one of them throwing grenades at you trying to flush you out, super tough. :mad:

Took me about 2 hours to finally do it. Those who've finished it will know what I mean and on hard with free aim its like being rogered with a cactus...probably. :o

I'm so glad you added that word. :D

Soldato
I'm sick of the restart points being in retarded places. On one section on a boat the restart point is out in the open with enemies already firing at you when you start :mad:

Associate
Im on the 2nd to last chapter, 13 or 14 I think. Enjoying it so far, but have been playing on normal with assisted aim.

Still some bits that I had to replay several times...

I'll crank it up to Hard with Free Aim for my next playthrough.

Soldato
I went straight for hard and freeaim and must admit I've been raging pretty bad :o

The thing that makes me rage is that the game is so cheap in some places. There are quite a few places where I bad guy just appears out of nowhere and shoots you. Or you're put in a room with a few waves of bad guys. The most annoying thing for me is when you think you've killed them all but there's some guy camping in a corner that you don't know about and he just pops up and kills you :mad:

Associate
Think I'm getting near the end of this game (chapter 12 I think) and gotta say it's absolutely brilliant!! Awesome, character driven story and very good gameplay. Was gonna wait for the PC version but seeing it's 35GB install, and the extra 2 week wait I decided on the xbox version. No regrets at all

Soldato
Completed it last week. Fantastic visuals, decent story but kinda repetitive gameplay. (Yes I should review games, Robert)

If GTA 5 looks anything like this did though...

wanknk2.gif

Back
Top Bottom