Max's Training Log - 1 Year On

14st 5lbs now, nearly below 90kg which is good!

Bench press without the smith is 57.5kg so its creeping back up.

Deadlifts are at 120kg and still feel OK.

Squats are down from over 100 to 75 but I feel my form has improved massively and I am certainly feeling the effects more. Taking my time and concentrating more now, with that the weight should be back to where it was :)

If I was even better with my diet I could do that yeah but given my body has had over a year of a constant loss of >3lb a week I think my skin deserves some catch up time!

Losing weight/gaining strength and lean muscle is the goal.

Since I've upped my efforts on Stronglifts I've dropped down from the usual 3-4lb a week loss to 1lb but I would say I am definitely adding muscle now.

It's hard to tell how much actual cutting I need to do as my skin makes it difficult...

I took a topless (ooerr) picture on the 1st of November and will do the same in December and whack them up on here, see what you lot think I should focus on!

I've looked into it a bit yeah, seems to be a fair amount of luck involved in what you are left with...age also plays a part and how long people have been overweight for.

I use body butter twice a day and I think I have got off pretty lightly. I will post my November picture shortly, be prepared :p

Why is my BP so weak, 62.5kg and couldn't do the last set of 5 :(

On the other hand I've stopped using assistance on dips, just bodyweight now.

Well here's me this morning, 3kg lighter compared to that other picture, I look no different!

For reference: @93KG:

November2012-93kg2.jpg

Here @ 90kg:

IMG_0714.jpg

Struggling to see where the 3kg has gone to be honest...

Here's a truly awful back shot that makes me look uber fat :o

IMG_0715.jpg

And finally heres a side shot:

IMG_0713.jpg

Apologies for anyone about to eat dinner :p

Losing the love for SL's at the moment, squatting 3 times a week is getting a bit tedious and I don't think its a bad thing changing it up after all this time.

For December I'm going to try a different programme and see how it goes.

Any recommendations for a basic 4 or 5 day routine for me to trial over December?

I'm bang on 6ft!

Hitting a wall on bench, OHP and Deadlift so I think that's a sign...I can't really take a lot of time off as I need to keep my blood sugars in the best shape possible :(

I think I am going to do a 3 day split that still includes the lifts from SL's but use say 3x10. Really keen to start doing different exercises though but I can't ignore the squat/deadlift I don't think.

Maybe the split from the guide on here?

Monday – Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Wednesday – Back/Biceps
Friday – Legs/Abs

What do you reckon?

How does this look chaps?

Monday:

HIIT Cardio

Tuesday:

Chest/Biceps

Wednesday:

Rest

Thursday:

Legs/Shoulders/Traps

Friday:

Rest

Saturday:

Back/Triceps

Sunday:

Currently building up to a 5k run (should be there in the new year).

4 day split isn't a problem (go to Uni all day Wednesday and Friday, but an evening session can be done).

Would that be better then, maybe do legs on Wednesday evening? That leaves me with a spare day on Thursday, what could I do there?

Well here's the routine I am trying at the moment, any thoughts?

Already losing the shrugs after being told off in the gym rats thread :p

Monday - Shoulders

OHP
Shoulder Press
Upright BB Row
Side Lateral Raises
Kettlebell Shrugs (what else could I do?)

Tuesday - Back/Triceps

Deadlift
Bent Over DB Row
Close Grip BP
DB Extension
Dips
Pullups (still unsure if these belong on this day?)

Wednesday - Rest day

Thursday - Chest/Biceps

DB Bench Press
Incline DB Bench Press
Press Ups
DB Fly's
Curls using that "21" method
DB Preacher Curls

Friday - Legs

BB Squat
Bulgarian split squat
Leg Press
DB Lunges
Leg Extension

Saturday/Sunday I switch between a run along the seafront and some HIIT cardio.

Facepulls can be arranged!

I do one arm DB rows at the moment, I have put down bent over row for some reason but that's wrong, should read DB single arm rows.

My chest strength is fairly bad at the moment so I though switching from the BB to DBs might unleash some life!

Glute ham raises look scary, but I will give them a bash.

Thanks for the advice :)

Facepulls seemed to work out better for me this week.

That leg work out I listed is ruining me, I will think about adding in some ham raises though.

The bulgarian SS with just body weight is fairly demanding!

My weight seems to be hovering on 14st2 - 14st4 at the moment but with my diet and regime focused a bit more on building I guess this is not a bad thing.

Enjoying doing chest work with just dumbells now, really feel it compared to using a bar.

3 sets with 25kg dumbells today on flat bench, happy with that.

I see some people doing dumbell flys flat and some people doing with an incline...is either one better than the other or just personal preference and goals?

Back
Top Bottom