McCanns going too far?

Slinwagh said:
Race, colour and wealth has nothing to do with it at all. Saying that many other people I think would agree that if the parents were black and on the dole the vitriol would have come a lot sooner. If anything the McCann's have got away with it because of the middle class, doctor persona.

As for the girl in the bath, that is entirely different and anyone with an ounce of common sense will realise why.
Agreed - since they are middle class and professionals they have avoided this, as you would assume people of such intellect/breeding wouldnt allow this to happen. If it was someone on the dole or in a council house they would have already been 'victimised' (cant think of the word!!!)...

ps3ud0 :cool:

[TW]Fox said:
Such as visiting a restaurant every night, eventually resulting in the abduction of your child?

An abductor cause the abduction of their child, not them going to the restaurant. People seem to forget that too easily, I wonder if its because its easier to target the parents, call for them to be jailed etc rather than actually make some hard decisions about how to deal with paedophiles?

ps3ud0 said:
Clearly you seem to know the law better than most - perhaps I can ask how far I am allowed to be away from my children when I fancy a bit of a break and how often I need to check them? 100 yards ok? Do I need to be in the same premise?

Right back at you. How far away do they have to be for it to be considered neglect? Are the parents allowed to sit in their garden while their children sleep? what about if they live in a big house and the living room is further away from the children's bedroom than a garden is in another house?

scorza said:
An abductor cause the abduction of their child, not them going to the restaurant. People seem to forget that too easily, I wonder if its because its easier to target the parents, call for them to be jailed etc rather than actually make some hard decisions about how to deal with paedophiles?
Jesus mate, what happened isnt independent of what the parents did - who knows if it affected the outcome or not. If you argue it didnt then they still need to be investigated why they left their children alone at a minimum...

I dont think people forgot about the abductor, its more the people that blame the abductor forgot about what the parents did, which did not help the situation (that something thats hard to argue with).

scorza said:
Right back at you. How far away do they have to be for it to be considered neglect? Are the parents allowed to sit in their garden while their children sleep? what about if they live in a big house and the living room is further away from the children's bedroom than a garden is in another house?
Erm but thats my point - you cant keep quoting distances and timescales as it isnt that black and white - its not a defence :confused: :rolleyes:

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Slinwagh said:
Race, colour and wealth has nothing to do with it at all. Saying that many other people I think would agree that if the parents were black and on the dole the vitriol would have come a lot sooner. If anything the McCann's have got away with it because of the middle class, doctor persona.

As for the girl in the bath, that is entirely different and anyone with an ounce of common sense will realise why.

Funny cos I don't remember this level of vitriol being thrown at the grandparents of Sarah Payne.

The father is over in the USA at the moment.

I saw him get interviewed on NBC Today in the morning.

Australia is probably next.
And who knows! Antarctica might be on the drawing bored :p

lol sick of all this... Jetting off all over the world... People keep saying "they're doing everything they can", please, going to see the pope? Visiting America? Releasing a song!!!!!!!!!"!¬ How the jesus ***** ******* christ does that help?!?!

Zip said:
The father is over in the USA at the moment.

I saw him get interviewed on NBC Today in the morning.

Australia is probably next.
And who knows! Antarctica might be on the drawing bored :p

Nah - shes white, you'd never find her out there, blend right in!

Skyfall said:
lol sick of all this... Jetting off all over the world... People keep saying "they're doing everything they can", please, going to see the pope? Visiting America? Releasing a song!!!!!!!!!"!¬ How the jesus ***** ******* christ does that help?!?!
Raising awareness!!!!! :p :rolleyes:

I'd be surprised if Osama himself hasn't heard of the McCanns by now.

Jihad said:
Raising awareness!!!!! :p :rolleyes:

I'd be surprised if Osama himself hasn't heard of the McCanns by now.
Surely their time would have been better spent actually looking for the child, knocking on doors, searching surrounding areas with their own eyes? Think about it, in the course of a normal police investigation into a kidnapping would the police officer jet off to see the pope? Or fly to America?

Whats the likelyhood she is still (alive or dead) in the country if not region she was kidnapped in? Pretty high I would think, I doubt, really that she's in mother ******* vatican city or the US...

And I know you were'nt being serious :P

Deluxe1 said:
They are staying away from the uk for as long as possible as they know once they come back they`ll be in for one hell of a tricky ride.

They've already been back to the UK at one point.

The authorities have also stated they haven't done anything wrong, so. :confused:

iCraig said:
They've already been back to the UK at one point.

The authorities have also stated they haven't done anything wrong, so. :confused:

They were back for a few days and this was before the backlash started against them and wasnt it only one of them that came back?

Deluxe1 said:
They were back for a few days and this was before the backlash started against them and wasnt it only one of them that came back?

The backlash? There's been a few articles asking some logical questions which themselves and the authorities have answered. It's not like there's an angry mob waiting outside their house.

basmic said:
Just a shame their "good parenting" was simply not good enough to the extent that their daughter went missing, and is probably dead.

True, but there's also the possibility her captor was planning on abducting her anyway, and unless her parents kept her under lock and key 24/7, they would have nabbed her at some point.

Back
Top Bottom