McDonalds Fiery Buffalo Chicken Wrap

Soldato
I think you get used to it as well, tolerance definitely changes as you eat more.
My wife doesn't stop moaning at me about putting it on everything from spaghetti to lamb roast dinner, everything tastes better with chilli and she doesn't get it. I started off thinking Enconna hot sauce was pretty hot, now i could drink the stuff.

Yes, you definitely get used to it. That's what increases an individual's tolerance. Similar to yourself, I started off quite low on the scale, by growing Apache chilli peppers around 2010 and I thought they were too hot. Since then I've gradually worked myself up through habaneros, scotch bonnets and various others up to ghost peppers, nagas, trinidad scorpions and a selection of various natural and extract hot sauces. I still enjoy the milder peppers and grow some every season, it's nice to have a selection, but if I want a curry with a kick for just myself I can easily chuck a couple of scorpions in there.

Edit: I've noticed something odd regarding my tolerance over the last couple of years and wondered if anyone else gets the same: now when I eat a pepper that's at the the top-end of my tolerance level, I no longer feel any burn in my mouth, throat or stomach. I just end up sweating like a racehorse. :confused: Maybe I need to push through to the next level (reapers etc).

Last edited:
Soldato
The Jamaican chicken burger has a little bit of spice, quite reasonable. The fiery buffalo chicken wrap however, it's pretty hot. I think the worst part was that I wasn't expecting it, I didn't even have a drink with it and didn't manage to finish the last bit. My Dad normally loves hot food, I got him one and he said it was too hot lol.

Man of Honour
Tried one last night, I'm a big lover of spicy stuff it definitely brought a tear to my eye. Not what you expect from the standard "spicy" fast food.

Soldato
I just had one, it was really nice. Fair bit of heat too, while eating it at least. I can see why folk who don't eat much spicy food would struggle - it's definitely hotter than Branston Pickle. :D

Soldato
lol, I like the fact that a runny nose and numb lips is recognisable as hot enough to action those effects, but not quite enough to warrant your expectation of the reactions of some of the lightweights such as myself in the thread (in your opinion) :D

Associate
Had 2 in 2 days, had to check consistency.

yesterday I was surprised. It had that Habinaro heat to it and I was taken aback. Not mega but it got my attention.

Had one today, blew my head off. Mad hot. The sauce is a volume heat sauce it seems and today I had to stop halfway through to take some coke, it really caught me off guard.

As a standard menu item I am shocked how hot it is as I would imagine it would murder some people, as someone who eats hot, often thai hot food, all the time, I think they have made a really interesting menu item that works.

I am on the tail end of a really nasty cold and it made the nose go today which is what I wanted.

GG McDonalds.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
I was surprised as well for somewhere so mainstream. Its hotter than the Xtra Hot Wings at Nandos which is the nearest similar type place I can think of.

Can be hit and miss, and really comes down to the person who puts it together in terms of whether you get a nice burn, or something quite a bit hotter.

Soldato
I tried one yesterday and whilst not as hot as I was expecting after reading this thread, I did have a runny nose and numb lips afterwards. I also liked it.

Had one Friday and i think that sums up my thoughts too. Was expecting more after this thread, though mine didn't seem to have too much sauce on it. It had a nice taste though and i'd deffo have one again.

As @Tone1979 mentioned. It could just be inconsistencies and some of the people in the thread getting the mega hot ones.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Had one Friday and i think that sums up my thoughts too. Was expecting more after this thread, though mine didn't seem to have too much sauce on it. It had a nice taste though and i'd deffo have one again.

As @Tone1979 mentioned. It could just be inconsistencies and some of the people in the thread getting the mega hot ones.
Also smokers. Could eat ghost chillis when I was a smoker, I feel the burn off a jalapeno now :D

Associate
Had one of these a few weeks back. I'm normally good with spicy food, but they must have put a *lot* of sauce on it because by the end of it, half my face had gone numb. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it spoiled what little flavour there was in the wrap. Seemed to be spicy for the sake of it rather than to actually add anything to the meal.

Associate
I thought it was surprisingly spicy for a dish from McDonald's, took me a bit by a surprise but I don't mind a bit of heat. I just thought that the sauce had a bit of a vinegary tinge to it so was more the flavour i wasn't so pleased with. Think its because it isn't evenly distributed so all ends up in a pool at the bottom so you got a big dose of it at once.

Back
Top Bottom