mcdonalds interview! Anyone worked there before?

Soldato
Hi guys

After a long period of time out of work due to illness I have an interview with McDonald's on Monday. Not really nervous about the interview but it says i have to do a OJE (On job evaluation) which has got me worried as im not entirely sure what I will be doing, has anyone done a OJE before?

Thanks

Soldato
I worked there when I as foing A-Levels 16 years ago, if they offer anything off the menu when u go in say no thank you or just a glass of water.

One of my mates asked for a large big mac meal, he didnt get the job.

Caporegime
Basically it's can you do any of the tasks that will be required of you if you work there and can you work a till. Can you pick up new things quickly and do you have any disgusting personal habits that you can't stop doing at work too.

Soldato
In my experience, OJE basically means be prepared to be there for a while. If they're happy with your interview, they'll have you do an unpaid trial of ~2 hours or so and show you some of the ropes so both they and you can decide if the job is for you.

Soldato
Worked there for a few years when I was in college. Great fun - Good place to work :)

Just make sure you turn up clean and tidy - clean, trimmed nails, clean shaven.

Good luck. A lot of people mock McDonalds as a place to work but I loved my time there and it really helped me get to where I am today. Plus if you stick it out there it can actually be a pretty rewarding career.

On another note...

Oh.... Wear a suit?

Man of Honour
I worked there when I as foing A-Levels 16 years ago, if they offer anything off the menu when u go in say no thank you or just a glass of water.

One of my mates asked for a large big mac meal, he didn't get the job.

That's harsh, I would kinda think they wanted me to if they asked in a job interview to show you love their food. Maybe 6 nuggets would be okay. Always wanted to work at McDonalds, I'm sure you get sick of it after a while though.

Back
Top Bottom