mcdonalds interview! Anyone worked there before?

Associate
I lasted about a week working there when I was 16. It's much harder work than you'd think, especially on a busy Saturday. Go for it but be under no illusion that it's an easy job!

Soldato
OP
Update, didn't get the McDonald's job but i have a couple of interviews for better jobs lined up next week so wish me luck! :)

Soldato
you can do better than maccys anyway! Don't get down about it. My GF applied once a good few years ago and didn't get past the quiz thing they had to do on the computer because she wasn't "the right fit" for the company. Her sister worked there for years and hated it.

Good luck with your search. It can be tough but just keep at it!

Soldato
Have a McLook at the local supermarkets in your area, I worked for sainsburys for years, had a great time and if you're willing to work hard, there's always opportunities to progress up the chain

Soldato
I would sooner work at McDonalds than any supermarket.

Much better chance for progression. More fun. Minimum wage changes mean that soon enough the pay rates will be just the same. It's probably harder work, but more rewarding and with the chance for much better quality personal development.

Associate
Worked there for a few years when I was in college. Great fun - Good place to work :)

Just make sure you turn up clean and tidy - clean, trimmed nails, clean shaven.

Good luck. A lot of people mock McDonalds as a place to work but I loved my time there and it really helped me get to where I am today. Plus if you stick it out there it can actually be a pretty rewarding career.

Great attitude! More of this :)

Soldato
Few people i know thats worked for maccy'ds say they'd never eat there again. This true?

You either like maccy d's or your don't certainly working there years didn't put me off.

The work there is hard are if you work the evenings on Friday/Saturday you might not get home until 3-4 in the morning due to the amount of work it takes to clean one of those places.

I come across all sorts of characters while I was working at the branch in Brentwood; mum's yeling at there kids, gypsies trying get one over you, racists, girls you went to school with who you don't know but tell you they fancy you, drunk men singing, drunk men fighting, bible bashers, smelly old men who wears the same clothing everry day, sporting heroes (in my case Teddy Sheringham). You will never be bored there but for me it wasn't a career just a way to earn some money and save up for a car ehile i was at college and university.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'd think you would get better standards at a McD's than any motorway service station or burger van tbh. They know full well any complaints would likely be national news and result in increased scrutiny nationwide.

Soldato
Op, I noticed contract options on queens road were looking for people, its an agency if you didn't know. I'd take walk there if I were you, its on the other side of the road from the car park, you just have to walk up a bit, you'll find it on Google maps I'm sure :)

Back
Top Bottom