MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
There are actually 3 movies planned:

1st will be directed by James Mangold and will be about the first Jedi to use The Force.

2nd will be directed by Dave Filoni set in between the prequel and sequel trilogies and is focusing on the escalating war between the Imperial remnant and the New Republic.

3rd directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and will be set 15 years after Rise of the Skywalker, with Daisy Ridley returning as Rey, focusing on the New Jedi order.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
For all of Disneys drive for diversity, what they did to Finn's character was terrible - "hey we've got a great upcoming black actor what should we do with him? - have him shout Reyyyyyyyyyy every 5 minutes - awesome writing, that'll be a success".

The writing quality of bill burrs stormtrooper showed that somewhere deep in lucasfilm there is still writers able to crack out fantastic stories, shame Boyega got screwed so heavily!
“China”

Soldato

1st will be directed by James Mangold and will be about the first Jedi to use The Force.

2nd will be directed by Dave Filoni set in between the prequel and sequel trilogies and is focusing on the escalating war between the Imperial remnant and the New Republic.

3rd directed by Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and will be set 15 years after Rise of the Skywalker, with Daisy Ridley returning as Rey, focusing on the New Jedi order.
1. Could be interesting.
2. Hmmm, I can see that might be good but anything that leads to the sequel trilogy is automatically suspect.
3. Nope. Luke rebuilds the NJO or no-one does. And who is this "Rey" of which you write? I'd prefer to see (and this term cracks me up) "Skinwalker Luke".

Soldato
OP

Right I’m trying to look at this positively and I just can’t.

Are they purposely trying to put Lucas film down or just lowering the price for a sale.

Right I get KK doesn’t want different timelines..

Right so Ray is front and centre for 1 movie.

Surely you try and fix the problems with the character.

You have a director in your stable that could possibly do this. (Mangold)

But nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You double, triple and quadruple down.

You hire an intersection feminist “Journalist” who has made a “Documentary” and give her the biggest Marry sue that’s ever graced the big screen.

Are you trying to burn it all to ground before you retire?

Soldato
For all of Disneys drive for diversity, what they did to Finn's character was terrible - "hey we've got a great upcoming black actor what should we do with him? - have him shout Reyyyyyyyyyy every 5 minutes - awesome writing, that'll be a success".

The writing quality of bill burrs stormtrooper showed that somewhere deep in lucasfilm there is still writers able to crack out fantastic stories, shame Boyega got screwed so heavily!
He basically got boiled down to being a simp to Ray in the first movie and whined about wanting to be her love interest in the second and third in interviews. Then kicked up a fuss when he didn't get what he wanted. Poe was a far more interesting character but they took every chance possible to sideline him or make him a background character in every scene when he could have been an everyman hero people could get behind.

Associate

After watching the fantastic bad batch, I found visions really disappointing. Not sure I will bother with season 2. I have also started Andor after hearing good things. Eight episodes in, and very bored. I thought it was meant to be a great show the way people talked about it :(

Soldato
After watching the fantastic bad batch, I found visions really disappointing. Not sure I will bother with season 2. I have also started Andor after hearing good things. Eight episodes in, and very bored. I thought it was meant to be a great show the way people talked about it :(
Bad Batch has been great. I hope they don’t **** it in Season 3.

Soldato
well bad batch is coming back for season 3 but it also the final season of the bad batch.
I wasn’t a fan of them when they turned up in the clone wars but after watching up to the latest episodes I am really enjoying most of it. The last episode had a really sad moment that was conveyed really well.

I would love to see a real life version of Omega turn up in any of the shows but not sure what direction they are going with the show.

Hasn’t the second film also supposed to have been confirmed to be the culmination of the so called “Mando-Verse”, Thrawn/Seventh fleet and Ashoka shows?

Caporegime
It's got a 85% audience score on rt, I'd say it was generally well received. Polarizing is something like The Last Jedi. When you saw it you either thought it was great and you liked it or you never wanted to see another star wars film again

Or you wanted to throw vinegar in your eyes.

Soldato
It's got a 85% audience score on rt, I'd say it was generally well received. Polarizing is something like The Last Jedi. When you saw it you either thought it was great and you liked it or you never wanted to see another star wars film again
Have a read of the forum thread for a start

Back
Top Bottom