MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
Even the Guardian think it was an "unnecessary remake" although they think the film was a 3/5 overall with Jude Law as Hook coming in for much praise -

it’s impossible to watch yet another take on JM Barrie’s impish hero without wondering why we’re here once again.

With the reduction in the scale/scope of Peter Pan's role (the person the film is named after), and the bumping up of Wendy into Pan's role, I would have thought that this should have been right up the Guardians street but they never even mention it. As always however there is mention of the tiny "far right" reaction of a handful of videos/tweets complaining to a few cast changes such as a biracial Tinkerbell and the Lost Boys becoming multi-cultural Lost Boys & Girls, all of which makes absolutely no difference to the popularity/success of this film in the end I think.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's a no then

Where's the race swap? The actress is Hawaiian, the character is Hawaiian.
Don't worry about Tony Edwards, he's brains has been smashed to a pulp due to woke ideology he doesn't know which direction he's going. The one time they didn't race swap and he's upset that normal people aren't upset by it. He just wants a boogeyman to fight.

Soldato
It has

DeSantis was stupid enough to write about it in a book, which Disney lawyers are now going to use in court as proof.
Write what? In what book?

How did i miss this one hah

This is kind of funny because technically he never targeted Disney, since Reedy Creek, is supposed to operate independently of Disney. In practise, it seems like Reedy Creek and Disney are one and the same, which from what I've heard is a problem for Disney if such information was to be confirmed.

Suspended
Write what? In what book?

• DeSantis’s book brags about his rapid mobilization of the state legislature to target Disney’s tax district. The same passage declares that this happened because of the company’s “support of indoctrinating young schoolchildren in woke gender identity politics.” That admits to retribution against speech opposing his legislation.

• The book rips Disney for vowing to work to repeal the governor’s law, describing this as “a frontal assault” on it. That, too, is a description of political speech. Yet the book menacingly declares that, after this, “things got worse for Disney,” and that it would “soon find out” the truth about Florida’s war with Disney, i.e., the state would punish that speech.

• The book describes DeSantis’s discussions with Republicans in the Florida legislature about whether they were prepared to tackle the “thorny issue involving the state’s most powerful company.” That confirms Disney was the unique target of legislative action.

• In a companion to the book’s launch, DeSantis wrote a Wall Street Journal op-ed that explicitly discussed governmental actions against Disney as an effort to “fight back” against its “woke ideology,” which is to say, its political speech.

Caporegime
How can Star Wars be described as dead when Andor is massively well reviewed (although not massively watched AFAIK?) and The Mandalorian S3 being one of D+’s biggest seasons ever? Ahsoka to come soon as well?

Soldato
How can Star Wars be described as dead when Andor is massively well reviewed (although not massively watched AFAIK?) and The Mandalorian S3 being one of D+’s biggest seasons ever? Ahsoka to come soon as well?
Hence life support - Andor was a blip, a very very good blip but Mando has only ever been average Saturday 5PM, disaster of the week fodder with occasional good episodes. I can't even bring myself to watch S3 after how good Andor was but that's on me :D

Don't get me wrong, I like Mando but it's ridiculously over hyped as it came on the back of questionable quality movies and by comparison, felt amazing at the start.

Sure there's a few more SW shows i'm forgetting ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom