MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
I get the exploitative angle...a lot of companies out there that DGAF about LGBTQ+ rights but will happily pretend they do to make a quick buck.
However in the case of Bond, when the actor themselves is gay surely that becomes less exploitation and more of an acknowledgement by the writers that they have a gay actor playing a new Q.

Bond is interesting since its always seen as a product of the times and I would expect certain parts to reflect that (Bond being less rapey, women not just seen as damsels being two examples that come to mind)

I guess I'm just too cynical to see it as nothing more than "woke washing". Cynicism is higher because they could have done it in Skyfall or Spectre when he actually was "new".

Soldato
Sorry to break to you guys, i don't think anything is going to change content-wise unless they sack the Disney Writers and replace them with less woke writers.

Ones like Latoya Raveneau have an open LGBTQ+ agenda:

She and ones like her need to go

Yeah, this is what has been going for years and people just don't like accepting the facts about their beloved studios and IP's. The results? crap films and crap TV. Let's be clear this is not about equality or equity or even diversity or representation it is not about "promoting" any of these ideas it is a woke war, carpet-bombing films and TV with woke idealogy and ludicrous levels of over-representation. She said it herself "where I could basically adding in queerness"...

It's a war on people who don't happen to be like them, andf if you're white and male too, then so much the better, prepare to be destroyed on screen. It is they who are the bitter 'phobes. They hate anyone who isn't just like them, or isn't prepared to enable their destruction of TV and film. They're a woke mafia running the studios (into the ground) always with the implicit threat, like a protection racket, that if you dare to resist opr criticise them, then they will call you out as racist...

Looks like Disney has decided to quadruple down on woke.

Caporegime
Does amuse me that a company that have historically produced content for kids and families with nearly 70% of their viewership coming from the 2-17 and 18-34 age ranges would cause so much hatred amongst middle aged white men :D

Who's the problem?

Edit: Give it a few years and Points of View will just feature people from OcUK.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Star Wars on TV seem to be the exception, the movies were a wokefest through and ruined the new trilogy

Star Wars TV is just as bad. Heard Andor is good, but reluctant to hand Disney any of my money after spending so much on crap over the past few years.

Soldato
Star Wars TV is just as bad. Heard Andor is good, but reluctant to hand Disney any of my money after spending so much on crap over the past few years.

There's defiantly more good than bad. All but the last episode of Obi-Wan and the first half of The Book of Bobba Fett you can call legitimately bad

Soldato
OP
Hammers and Nails

There's defiantly more good than bad. All but the last episode of Obi-Wan and the first half of The Book of Bobba Fett you can call legitimately bad
It had two decent Mando episodes in it.

The final was hideous.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I disagree, you can call all of it legitimately bad. But then I grew up in a different era of Star Wars, so maybe to new viewers its good. It just all feels non-SW to me, a bit of a weird cheap cut with cheap soap actors. Not for me really.

I'd maybe agree that the first season of Boba Fett isn't bad.

Soldato
Hammers and Nails

They're pushing the LGBTQ+ angenda too hard now and the backlash is beginning. If they don't reign it in here and at the MCU they're going to start losing the audience, arguably it's already begun.
It had two decent Mando episodes in it.

The final was hideous.
It basically improved immeasurably when Mando showed up. The final was ok

Soldato
It's a war on people who don't happen to be like them, andf if you're white and male too, then so much the better, prepare to be destroyed on screen. It is they who are the bitter 'phobes. They hate anyone who isn't just like them, or isn't prepared to enable their destruction of TV and film. They're a woke mafia running the studios (into the ground) always with the implicit threat, like a protection racket, that if you dare to resist opr criticise them, then they will call you out as racist...
Wow. Just wow. Woke mafia running the studios, I've never heard anything so stupid in my life :D

Also, you do realise 'woke' just means that you're aware of racial/sexual (etc.) prejudices in the world. Using it as an insult is a bit like dumb Americans using 'liberal' as an insult.

Speaking as someone who works in the industry , it seems like "the internet" is reading a little too much into some changes and cost-cutting at Disney. Every studio is doing it. Tech giants like FB and Google are doing it. It's a delayed reaction from COVID, delayed reaction to changes around WFH habits, and somewhat of a reaction to how they think they can best make money with regards to release strategies (e.g. streaming or not, theatrical windows and timings etc). Everything has changed in the landscape and previous rules that were written, don't seem to apply anymore. Every studios is cutting costs, in business travel, early retirement offers, in office space etc. This is just part of it, just has the added bonus of encapsulating Marvel and Star Wars which as we all know is a quick way to get the internet talking nonsense.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow. Just wow. Woke mafia running the studios, I've never heard anything so stupid in my life :D

Also, you do realise 'woke' just means that you're aware of racial/sexual (etc.) prejudices in the world. Using it as an insult is a bit like dumb Americans using 'liberal' as an insult.

Speaking as someone who works in the industry , it seems like "the internet" is reading a little too much into some changes and cost-cutting at Disney. Every studio is doing it. Tech giants like FB and Google are doing it. It's a delayed reaction from COVID, delayed reaction to changes around WFH habits, and somewhat of a reaction to how they think they can best make money with regards to release strategies (e.g. streaming or not, theatrical windows and timings etc). Everything has changed in the landscape and previous rules that were written, don't seem to apply anymore. Every studios is cutting costs, in business travel, early retirement offers, in office space etc. This is just part of it, just has the added bonus of encapsulating Marvel and Star Wars which as we all know is a quick way to get the internet talking nonsense.

Yeah, when there is video evidence of in this very thread of promoting gay agendas and inserting "queerness" (her word not mine) whereever she could...

It doesn't mattter what "woke" originally may have meant, words evolve over time and their meanings shift, and we all know what is meant by it in this context. You work in the industry so you must know right?

Get woke, go broke.

I think that's what people have been saying for a long time and now all those chickens are coming home to roost.

:D

Last edited:
Soldato

It's not good at all, and it's boring AF, BUT it lays off the politics and is competently handled, and compared to the rest of Star Wars TV, that's made it look like The Wire.

;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, when there is video evidence of in this very thread of promoting gay agendas and inserting "queerness" (her word not mine) whereever she could...

It doesn't mattter what "woke" originally may have meant, words evolve over time and their meanings shift, and we all know what is meant by it in this context. You work in the industry so you must know right?

Get woke, go broke.

I think that's what people have been saying for a long time and now all those chickens are coming home to roost.

:D
Yeah they haven't learnt the lessons of 'smaller' media that pushed this nonsense and saw sales/money fall off a cliff - I guess given their last few releases that have embraced the agenda have tanked massively they are just going to slow down how much preaching they do.

Soldato
Yeah they haven't learnt the lessons of 'smaller' media that pushed this nonsense and saw sales/money fall off a cliff - I guess given their last few releases that have embraced the agenda have tanked massively they are just going to slow down how much preaching they do.
What have they preached?

Back
Top Bottom