MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Caporegime
The most blatant one is She-Hulk, but you'd properly cream yourself into your sanitary towel over it while wearing your "This is what a feminist looks like" T-Shirt

Where was the lecture? I can't even remember a different pronoun even mentioned in She Hulk (not that it would be a problem, because I'm not a bigot)

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice summary of why Marvel Phase Bore was such a disaster.

Whilst I agree with everything in that, I would point out that the Russo Brothers movies and television credits prior to Winter Solider were all comedies. So kinda goes against his 3rd point a little.

Caporegime
The Last Jedi emasculated the masculine pilot and fearless leader Poe Dameron who was kept out of the loop by a strong, independent, purple haired female leader.
Which is nothing to do with gender identity or pronouns.

What you're complaining about is bad scripts, it's nothing to do with wokeness. Unless you're expanding woke to include different coloured hair now.

Soldato
Where was the lecture? I can't even remember a different pronoun even mentioned in She Hulk (not that it would be a problem, because I'm not a bigot)

Yes you are -

Oxford Language Dictionary - https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/bigot

a person who is obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, especially one who is prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

Merriam-Webster - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

Cambridge Dictionary - https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/bigot

a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life:

By labelling people who think differently than you do and refuse to change their views as bigots you are also fulfilling the exact definition of being a bigot yourself and, to prove you are a bigot, you'll deny that you are and claim I'm talking rubbish, exactly the argument some who is "obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices." would say i.e. I'm not wrong, you are, even though you've proved me wrong!!!!

Don't worry though, virtually everyone in the world is bigotted in sone way or another which kind of makes it a worthless word to use to describe people I think :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
This is the tolerance against intolerance discussion and is one that is only made by people in poor faith. Much like the claim that we should tolerate people who "think differently" or in other words, don't think that certain groups should be allowed in the media.

Shocked it's coming from you, shocked.

Soldato
OP
Has Rogue Squadron been canned?

Man of Honour
I’ve never felt like any ‘agendas’ were being ‘pushed’ in the new Star Wars films… well, there was a deeply annoying robot in the Solo film that played the role of a deliberately annoying ‘one note’ feminist (so I presume - because nobody could have made a character that irritating by mistake).

If there was anything like this that irked me recently, it was the slightly odd take in the Cabinet of Curiosities episode on Netflix (as I posted here).

The problem for Star Wars I think is saturation. There is as much runtime for Boba Fett as there is the original trilogy - or not much in it. It’s not worth the time investment. I’ve heard that Andor is good but I just can’t take a risk on the chance of yet more ‘low stakes’ redundancy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom