MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
When a big company decides to pick a certain actor to be the face of their next franchise I wonder just how much/how thorough of a background check gets done (if any) which might help avoid all this - i.e. SM history check, interview with significant other, family, friends, other people in the business etc?

When a big company decides to pick a certain actor to be the face of their next franchise I wonder just how much/how thorough of a background check gets done (if any) which might help avoid all this - i.e. SM history check, interview with significant other, family, friends, other people in the business etc?
Surely it's just too hard to find out anything, especially from upcoming actors which marvel tried to do. No way to tell what they will be like when fame hits.

It happens, look at RDJ, he had a rough past which could easily have sunk him and for a while it did.
. I guess at the end of it all the audience will either care of they won't. James gunn is another. The audience didn't give one monkeys about that fiasco. But what are these companies to know of the audience will or won't care. Too impossible to pick, especially as it can be that the audience reaction is based not entirely on the individuals actions but what happened before/after with other actors actions.

An example being say when Kevin spacey news came out, if he was first for this news, the audience may hate him before anything goes to trial, but by the 50th actor that happens to, same actions, but now people don't care so much

Soldato
Surely it's just too hard to find out anything, especially from upcoming actors which marvel tried to do. No way to tell what they will be like when fame hits.

It happens, look at RDJ, he had a rough past which could easily have sunk him and for a while it did.
. I guess at the end of it all the audience will either care of they won't. James gunn is another. The audience didn't give one monkeys about that fiasco. But what are these companies to know of the audience will or won't care. Too impossible to pick, especially as it can be that the audience reaction is based not entirely on the individuals actions but what happened before/after with other actors actions.

An example being say when Kevin spacey news came out, if he was first for this news, the audience may hate him before anything goes to trial, but by the 50th actor that happens to, same actions, but now people don't care so much
Funny how you never hear that Stacey was cleared on those charges in court, isn't it?

Caporegime
Hmmmm

What a mess

There's two parts of the marvel universe?

What a mess. So one is canon and one isn't? One affects the universe whilst the other can do what it wants without it effecting the MCU?

Damn they're making this far more complicated than needed.

Soldato
OP
Disney killed Starwars and now is killing Hasbro.

I believe I have mentioned before that it’s not just the box office numbers that’s important. Star Wars merchandise is vital and it’s been in decline since The last Jedi.

Disney is Hasbro biggest partner so no doubt they are feeling the effects of poor box office reception. Barbie sales have increased. Wonder why that is?

There has been a number of incidents around the Wizards of the Coast that’s chased customers away.

The only hit they had is Baby Yoda and it’s the reason why they completely changed the story in Mando.

Myself have spent thousands but can’t bring myself to buy anything linked to this ****.

Back
Top Bottom