MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Caporegime
I can give you a filming date and that’s all you deserve!!

I'm so excited I'm tempted to create a new thread! But I don't want to steal any thunder from this award winning thread you've created :p

rp2000

Soldato
OP
I'm so excited I'm tempted to create a new thread! But I don't want to steal any thunder from this award winning thread you've created :p

rp2000
Should’ve kept that expedited filming date for myself!!! I believe casting news is due soon also. Not sure if it mentioned in that link.

Knock yourself out with a new thread. We can a get box office competition going!!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Should’ve kept that expedited filming date for myself!!! I believe casting news is due soon also. Not sure if it mentioned in that link.

Knock yourself out with a new thread. We can a get box office competition going!!
The casting being announced soon is mentioned in the link. I know you probably don't care, but i'm genuinely curious who they manage to bring back from episode 7,8 & 9!

I was joking about the thread, but obviously once a trailer drops it will deserve it's own thread (maybe xmas 2024?). The anti star wars stuff can stay in here till then :)

rp2000

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyo
Man of Honour
The ‘rumour’ of ‘rushing something to production before cancellation’ doesn’t make any sense - what would the point of that be?!

Regardless, Disney are undoubtedly having a terrible time of it. Releasing something that’s apparently as bland and smarmy as ‘Wish’ in this climate just isn’t what they need right now.

Although in fairness, a few of their animated duds performance-wise really weren’t that bad (Reya, Elemental). Strange World was terrible though.

Byker Grove

Yeah! Haha! Haha! Haha!

Soldato
OP
The ‘rumour’ of ‘rushing something to production before cancellation’ doesn’t make any sense - what would the point of that be?!

Regardless, Disney are undoubtedly having a terrible time of it. Releasing something that’s apparently as bland and smarmy as ‘Wish’ in this climate just isn’t what they need right now.

Although in fairness, a few of their animated duds performance-wise really weren’t that bad (Reya, Elemental). Strange World was terrible though.

Yeah! Haha! Haha! Haha!
Lucas Arts hasn’t been fully swallowed up by their Disney overlords like Marvel. KK still cracks the wip.

Toss the coin both sides are covered in ****.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Let's start our new Star Wars movie hype by opening with a character that no one likes, Bold move Cotton :cry:
Stunning and brave isn’t it.

Tell yah what. KK must have the biggest set of balls in Hollywood.

Let’s build our new Starwars Era around Rey :D

No wonder other executives are creaming them.

How many canned Starwars projects since the last film? About 6-7 if you count the so called new trilogy’s?

Soldato
I can give you a filming date and that’s all you deserve!!

Interesting. Your link implies that the James Mangolds film will be the first one to be released. Though it seems to discuss another film that they started writing in October 2022.

So the director (and I'm assuming he will be writing as well) is James Mangold. Whose last movie was the dial of destiny which released in May of this year.
This film was announced in April.

So it is unlikely that he was heavily involved in writing the script prior to April due to working on Dial of Destiny.

It takes time to get filming permits and to scout locations then there is the associated costs for all of that. I would assume that a relatively concrete script should be in place prior to all of the location scouting starting (though further refinements of the script can happen in the meantime) to avoid booking filming permits for locations that are thrown out of the script during a heavy redraft.

Let us assume that it took them a month to scout London as the location for filming some portion of the script and filling all the permits (TBF it could be a green screen studio, though I'm not sure why they would come to London for green screens), that means a concrete draft of the script was ready by November. So it took 7 months of writing to get to this point (Assuming they started writing in April).

It takes about 3 months to produce the first draft of a movie script from what I found on Google.

The complex lore of star wars, I suspect a lot of redrafting must be done to ensure story is coherent with that which has come before it.
Ideally they will want all three new films to reference each other even if they don't behave as an actual trilogy which adds more time to the script writing.

Though if Lucas film has taken a page out of Marvels book they may not care.

Just something to think about. :D

Caporegime
Stunning and brave isn’t it.

Tell yah what. KK must have the biggest set of balls in Hollywood.

Let’s build our new Starwars Era around Rey :D

No wonder other executives are creaming them.

How many canned Starwars projects since the last film? About 6-7 if you count the so called new trilogy’s?
I only saw TFA (in the cinema) and honestly, only because my brother is a massive SW fan (or was).

Every single character in TFA was dreadful. Rey, sure, but none of the support characters were any good, either. The whole thing was pure garbage.

Having watched some very hostile deconstructions of the two films that followed, I know I haven't missed anything.

Bonus points for having the directors actively hate each other's work and trying to retcon everything their immediate predecessor introduced. Genius move.

(The aforementioned brother who loves Star Wars rated TFA as one of his biggest disappointments, ever, so it's not just my opinion being an outlier.)

Soldato
Let us not forget that Rogue One, widely seen as the best 'modern' Star Wars movie, had a woman as the main character.

FAKE NEWS!!! Everyone knows that Star wars fans are all hateful misogynistic bigots and therefore the sole reason Rogue One is considered to be the best modern SW film is obviously just down to the stunning and powerful acting of Diego Luna instead!!!!!!!!!

I mean, can you imagine it...................a strong female character.................in Star Wars......................... who the fans like and is played by an actress the fans respect.........................Pah, utter balderdash I say!

:D

Soldato
Word on the street is they are trying to rush that Rey film into production before it gets canned.

In case no-one noticed, there was the biggest ever industry strike happening in Hollywood until a few weeks ago. Every single production that was on deck towards the end of 2023, or slated for 2024 is now full-beans "rushing" into production... I am currently juggling Christmas parties with work being the busiest it's been for 6 months..
(TBF it could be a green screen studio, though I'm not sure why they would come to London for green screens
I'm not going to go through all of your points but Star Wars shooting in London is nothing new. Disney et al have a long term lease at Pinewood studios, it is their home base for shooting tentpoles.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato

rp2000

I have created a thread a while back.

Will rename once we have more info. I have a bad feeling about this. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom