MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
Wonder what they blew their budget on, certainly wasn't the She-Hulk cg.
I suspect they have used massive amounts of greenscreen instead of real sets. The set photos for Secret Invasion showed ridiculous levels of CGI where it was utterly unnecessary. I bet they were weeing money away on effects that could have been done for a fraction of the price with props and locations.

Reactions: Kyo
Man of Honour
I think there is a clickbait merry-go-round going on with some of this stuff as the new rumour is that the Rey films have not been cancelled.

Click click click click click

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I wouldn't celebrate just yet, we've seen Disney row back sensible decisions like this time and time again.
They got their hands full trying to sort the mess out over at Lucas hah.

Rey film brought forward, Rey film delayed full on damage control. Full on PR spin.

Lucas have announced and cancelled more films than they have released lol

Soldato
OP
Soldato
To be fair I don't remember ridley doing the usual disney diatribe when ever previous sw properties she was involved in didn't live up to expectations, she was always good at fence sitting/not outright blaming fans.

Suspended
I suspect they have used massive amounts of greenscreen instead of real sets. The set photos for Secret Invasion showed ridiculous levels of CGI where it was utterly unnecessary. I bet they were weeing money away on effects that could have been done for a fraction of the price with props and locations.
Remember they were all Covid productions.

It might have been easier to use green screen instead of location/sets

Soldato
Remember they were all Covid productions.

It might have been easier to use green screen instead of location/sets
That's a very fair point for locations and a lot of sets. Seeing a photo of Samuel L Jackson holding a fake gun thing that they then CGI'd into a regular firearm however look like wasteful CGI when a prop would have been better and cheaper though.

Soldato
OP
To be fair I don't remember ridley doing the usual disney diatribe when ever previous sw properties she was involved in didn't live up to expectations, she was always good at fence sitting/not outright blaming fans.
There’s direct quotes calling the Mary Sue thing sexiest but to be fair I actually don’t mind her.

Soldato
That's a very fair point for locations and a lot of sets. Seeing a photo of Samuel L Jackson holding a fake gun thing that they then CGI'd into a regular firearm however look like wasteful CGI when a prop would have been better and cheaper though.

In one of the very rare times where I'll kind of defend Disney a little - The specific "gun" that was CGI'd in afterwards was actually a Veterinary dart gun which is extremely rare to find in most typical Hollywood armourers stashes, so CGI'ing that particular pistol does kind of, in that one case, make sense. However, I 100% agree woith your general point that far too many "simple" things which should have been practical were instead CGI'd which feels like a waste of time/money.

Back
Top Bottom