MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
I watched The Creator last night and whilst I wasn't ****-a-hoop it was good solid original sci-fi movie. I am amazed that it only cost $87m to make there is a director squeezing every penny out of his production costs. It was absolutely beautiful with the CGI blending effortlessly with the live action. The recent MCU movies failures were much more CGI heavy and that was boiled in with the premise but it's hard to see how they spent that much more. But if they'd been half as original or well made as The Creator they would have been so much better. Then there is She Hulk, quite liked the actress but everything else about this was dire it was just money being thrown into a furnace.

edit: and it is kind of sad that The Creator didn't make more money and was a financial flop because it deserved better.

Last edited:
Soldato
I watched The Creator last night and whilst I wasn't ****-a-hoop it was good solid original sci-fi movie. I am amazed that it only cost $87m to make there is a director squeezing every penny out of his production costs. It was absolutely beautiful with the CGI blending effortlessly with the live action. The recent MCU movies failures were much more CGI heavy and that was boiled in with the premise but it's hard to see how they spent that much more. But if they'd been half as original or well made as The Creator they would have been so much better. Then there is She Hulk, quite liked the actress but everything else about this was dire it was just money being thrown into a furnace.

edit: and it is kind of sad that The Creator didn't make more money and was a financial flop because it deserved better.

Gareth Edwards did a CorridorCrew video describing his method of shooting Live Action around CGI for this film, and some of the creative "Guerilla filming" ideas for combining Live shooting and picking what will be CGI later on during the edit, rather than creating a Live shot just for specific pre-defined CGI, is amazing. He also covered Rogue One & Godzilla as well.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Thought the Creator was good. The atmosphere it built really immersed the audience. Not really comparable to be honest it was more Sci-Fi than Superhero genre.

Soldato
Thought the Creator was good. The atmosphere it built really immersed the audience. Not really comparable to be honest it was more Sci-Fi than Superhero genre.
The creator was very generic I thought. It looked great though. Cost considerably less than most Disney crap and looked 100 times better.

You have to wonder where all the money went on something like the Marvels, because it surely can't have been on the miserable looking CGI.

I think there is a huge lack of talent at Disney these days.

Last edited:
Soldato

The story was a bit cliche and obvious. But it looked amazing. I suspect a hefty chunk of the Marvel and Disney budget goes on their star actors.

Soldato
Just look at Dune 2 massive budget but looks like every penny was well spent.

The Marvel & Disney films just look like someone ate a packet of skittles then threw up all over the screen!!!
The talent involved in making dune are pretty much the best in the business and it shows. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cgi for marvels was produced by some kid straight out of college.

Soldato
The talent involved in making dune are pretty much the best in the business and it shows. I wouldn’t be surprised if the cgi for marvels was produced by some kid straight out of college.
Hold up. I’m going to have defend the cgi guys out there.

They have the skills they just don’t have the time to get everything to the standard you would expect from a film. This is a general issue of mismanagement on Disneys part (I believe they have an internal cgi studio for marvels). Too many projects (with reshoots and rewrites) and not enough time to give them the proper polish they need.

Edit: I found the ArtStation account for guy who did the materials for the time travel suit in endgame. Top quality work the man has skills. But if you restricted them time he had, he wouldn’t be able to output his best

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime

If only Marvel/Disney had billions they can put into these shows to get the best in the business... If only they knew all the people that can make good films that print them money and just let them keep doing what they did well eh.

As to the people doing the CGI, its well known that they are treated like crap and pushed to chuck out whatever they can as soon as it get to the "passable" level.

Man of Honour
The creator was very generic I thought. It looked great though. Cost considerably less than most Disney crap and looked 100 times better.

You have to wonder where all the money went on something like the Marvels, because it surely can't have been on the miserable looking CGI.

I think there is a huge lack of talent at Disney these days.

I’m not sure if I’m repeating a conversation we had before (or if it was someone else) but I honestly thought the Marvels looked amazing in the cinema - it really popped. As in, wow, we have come so far. I even turned to my wife during the film to say so.

Soldato
I’m not sure if I’m repeating a conversation we had before (or if it was someone else) but I honestly thought the Marvels looked amazing in the cinema - it really popped. As in, wow, we have come so far. I even turned to my wife during the film to say so.
I haven't actually sat through the film (I'd sooner gouge my eyeballs out with a soup spoon :p ) but I have seen the trailer. And someone else described it perfectly, it looks like somebody ate way too many skittles and then threw up on the screen :p

Something else I noticed, nothing actually moves with any sense of having any real mass or momentum. No attempt to make it look or feel like there are any physics at play. In a sense, it just looks like a bad video game.

It's an assault on the senses, but not in a good way. There's no craft, no art, no creativity, no feel that any of it is really there. The visuals on this film are a flimsy veneer, zero depth to them.

This is the case with most modern Disney films.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom