** MEMORY PRICE DROP: CRAZY PRE-ORDER ONLY DEAL ON TUF ALLIANCE MEMORY FROM TEAMGROUP!! **

Soldato
Even with it being lower speed?

So like 3% difference and that's if you have no problems running it at 3200. I think people tend to overestimate the importance of RAM speed, I'm not saying don't buy the best if you can and especially the cheapish fast stuff ocUK are selling but don't overestimate the importance of RAM speed. You won't notice a difference between 3000 and 3200 stuff.

Associate
So like 3% difference and that's if you have no problems running it at 3200. I think people tend to overestimate the importance of RAM speed, I'm not saying don't buy the best if you can and especially the cheapish fast stuff ocUK are selling but don't overestimate the importance of RAM speed. You won't notice a difference between 3000 and 3200 stuff.
Ok, cheers.
Final, FINAL decision made :o:rolleyes::)
Same order but swapping the memory for the VULCAN T-FORCE 32GB (2X16GB) 3000MHZ DUAL CHANNEL KIT.

It'll fit in nicely with the black and grey of the Scythe Mugen 5 fan!

Soldato
Even with it being lower speed?

Well I have 2 16 packs in my rig, and I had to run at lower speed anyway because the secondary dimm slots are not the same spec as the primary dimm slots.
Then there is the apparent issue that if you have 4 dimms its more stressful on the IMC on the CPU, which could also make you need to slow down the memory speed.

If you reduce the tref value (I reduced to 300) then it adds quite a bit of lost bandwidth back, at 3000mhz, I get memory speeds around what 3100mhz would be at auto calculated tref. tref is way better than tuning things like cas latency and command rate.

I feel if you have decided you want XX amount of ram, then you should always aim to get that in 2 dimms. 4 dimms is more if you decided you want 8 gig, but then a year later realised you need more so then buy another 2 dimms. Thats how I look at it. This way you also can goto 64 gig in future without replacing your existing ram.

Associate
Well I have 2 16 packs in my rig, and I had to run at lower speed anyway because the secondary dimm slots are not the same spec as the primary dimm slots.
Then there is the apparent issue that if you have 4 dimms its more stressful on the IMC on the CPU, which could also make you need to slow down the memory speed.

If you reduce the tref value (I reduced to 300) then it adds quite a bit of lost bandwidth back, at 3000mhz, I get memory speeds around what 3100mhz would be at auto calculated tref. tref is way better than tuning things like cas latency and command rate.

I feel if you have decided you want XX amount of ram, then you should always aim to get that in 2 dimms. 4 dimms is more if you decided you want 8 gig, but then a year later realised you need more so then buy another 2 dimms. Thats how I look at it. This way you also can goto 64 gig in future without replacing your existing ram.
Good info, thanks.
Hopefully the Extreme4 board will be good for that, reviews and specs say so.
The T-Force Vulkan has its own QVL list for tested boards with the Extrame4 on it even though memory isn’t on ASRock QVL.

Soldato
@Gibbo do you know what the profile of the TUF gaming alliance ram sticks are and how they compare to the vengeance lpx? Really want to buy but I've got the R1 ultimate CPU cooler and there is little clearance for my 2nd ram slot under one of the 2 fans with the vengeance lpx.

Associate
Just have to accept its current market forces, if you wish to build a new machine or add to existing memory just have to pony up the money. We all wish it was cheaper like several years ago.
See that's the problem, if every body accepts it and doesn't speak up or criticize the companies and corporations that love to milk us any chance they can get, we will keep on getting squeezed and nothing will change. Pc building is starting to feel like a drag nowadays.

Soldato
@Gibbo do you know what the profile of the TUF gaming alliance ram sticks are and how they compare to the vengeance lpx? Really want to buy but I've got the R1 ultimate CPU cooler and there is little clearance for my 2nd ram slot under one of the 2 fans with the vengeance lpx.
Found my answer, ordered! Should be much better with a 2080 ti than my current 2400MHz sticks.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Gibbo

This.....

Team Group Vulcan T-Force 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Grey (TLGD432G3 @ £229.99 inc VAT

TLGD432G3000HC16CDC01, 3000MHz RAM Speed, CAS 16-18-18-36 Timings, 1.25-1.35v VDIMM, Lifetime Warranty with OcUK.

Only £229.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

you can see my spec in my sig. Do you know of any similar kit but using the Samsung B die type memory, I'm just thinking of that having the broadest compatibility...?

The above might well be fine in my Z170 build but if I move over to a Ryzen in the new year I'm thinking that the Samsung type could be better..?

Do you know the height of the TG memory linked...? That isn't listed and the LP Corsair that I have just fits nicely under my Cryorig R1 Universal cooler.
If they are tall can the heat spreader be removed without compromising the warranty...?
Lastly is the warranty handled by you...?

Associate
Yeah 16GB. Never seen it go near that in any of my use cases, around 13-14GB max is the most I've seen and even then that's been rare. With the prices of these being quite cheap I hope to sell mine to subsidise this purchase.
I’m going for it and getting 32GB.
Need that for X-Plane flight sim and all the photorealistic scenery, hence the 1080 Ti with its 11GB VRAM

Back
Top Bottom