Mens Long Hair

Soldato
yer_averagejoe said:
Fine.. heres one of me with pigtails:

normal_027.JPG

Joe

That looks so gay it isnt funny.

Associate
Best bet is to get it cut into a reasonable style, then it will look nice most of the time. I have about shoulder length but it is really currly naturally so it doesnt even need brushed and it stays up in a big afro if i leave it to dry naturally. I can straighten it without much bother because its cut in layers it looks un emo!

Permabanned
dmpoole said:
One of my most embarassing photos taken exactly 20 years ago with my mate Jules.
We got sick of metal and decided to record a country and western album.
I'm on the left with the totally made up chord.

jules.jpg

Bez?

*n

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
atpbx said:
That looks so gay it isnt funny.

Harsh but True. :D

I am growing my hair at the moment but i don't put anything on it. Wash it and towel dry then shake my head, Job done.
I thought i would grow it while i still can and before it all falls out. :(
I am old it looks scruffy i don't care i have hair. :)

Soldato
Im also in the middle of the awkward stage, about 6-8 months since it had its final cut.
Does look like a mop on my head and it doesnt help my hair curls at the ends but Im determined to stick through it and get my dream hair :D
My bangs currently reach down to the bottom of my nose when straight.

At the moment Im forever getting hair in my eyes, the curling helps a little but otherwise I just have to push it out of the way every now & then.

Only real bad thing about growing long hair is the daily "Get your hair cut" comments a minimum of 12 times a day. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I had shoulder length hair when I was in my mid 20s , lol I loved it my mum said I looked like a gypo. haha

it took ages to grow about 2-3 year I think.

I had a centre parting , my ex girlfriend said I looked like a choir boy. when it wasnt down I had it tied back in a pony tail.

I got it cut for a job wish I had botherd now.I could be like one of those mid 30s geezer with long hair and a ear ring(allthough I dont have one now)

Soldato
When it comes to trims, longhairs have lost several inches (a dozen centimeters) at the hands of haircutters who've said they would only take off a fraction of an inch (a few millimeters) to "neaten up the bottom" or "take off split ends". Do not trust anyone to cut your hair unless you trust him absolutely. A year's growth can end up on some jerk's floor in fifteen minutes. (We will talk about whether such trims are really necessary - they often aren't - later on.)

oh and that is so true :(:(:(

never again will i go to that place!!

Nix

Nix

Soldato
SidewinderINC said:
oh and that is so true :(:(:(

never again will i go to that place!!

Not as bad as one cut I had about three years ago. I had hair down to my nose and chin etc, was looking very messy - decided to have it tidied up, I wanted well over half of it off. I can only cope with having long hair for short periods because I like having my hair shorter, it's just easier.

When the women asked me what I wanted, I told her and explained could she please only use scissors (I hate clippers with a passion). She said alright, and before I could even realise what was happening, she'd grabbed some clippers and shaved the best part of my hair off. I had no option but to let her finish :mad:

Now short cuts like this do suit some people, but I'm definately one of the populace it makes look like a muppet.

When I got home, I noticed how bad of a cut it really was and my mum offered to have a go at tidying it up. So I let her, a couple of weeks later it was half respectable again.

I have and never will go to that place ever again.

Soldato
^ yup, i actually tell them right at the start that if they use clippers i'm not paying them a penny, and they usually say ok, due to that exact reason!

usually i'll pay the extra to have the owner/manager do my hair, because at least then you know that you'll be getting what you want!

Back
Top Bottom