Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
:(

Thats surprising actually. I would have expected it to be the 6 from the C43 in the next generation. And the 43's stepping down to 4 cylinder.

It's Mercedes own fault, since they haven't produced enough vehicles that output a fleet average of 95 g CO2/km for 2020 onwards, to meet the 2021 targets.

They have do do this or the fines they will be paying would be enormous, as they have no way of speeding up the introduction of more efficient vehicles immediately. The other option is for them to heavily promote and use incentives to reduce the prices of the cars with the least CO2/km and sell more of them to off-set people buying the cars with the worst CO2/km

If they made more effort with full electric vehicles or better plug-in hybrids, then they could keep using inefficient engines in the AMG cars like the C63.

Also it would appear that the newer C63 will be a hybrid, but only mild not a proper one making it even more of a compromise.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
How reliable is the old Merc 2.1 diesel lump? Potentially looking at a CLA220d (stupid tax reasons, don't ask).
On a scale of complete crap to not quite complete crap, how **** is the CLA220d as a vehicle? Anything in particular to look out for in the W117? I may end up with a 2016 CLA220d without warranty.

Also found a W205 C220d with trick suspension, etc. but that at least will come with an MB warranty. I've heard these things like the break.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The 2.1 is a very good reliable engine. Very popular taxi engine for a reason, they go forever and are very economical good engines. Downside is that they certainly sound like a taxi engine.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
The 2.1 is a very good reliable engine. Very popular taxi engine for a reason, they go forever and are very economical good engines. Downside is that they certainly sound like a taxi engine.
Agricultural were my findings, but reliability is good to hear. I have a shortlist of many things, but this is good advice. Cheers.

Soldato
After 2 and a bit years I got rid of the Stang, couldnt keep up with its thirst! £65 a week to do a 40mile round trip 5x a week for work was a bit much.

Wanted something with a lot more comfort and tech, but with some zip to it! Ended up deciding on Merc A35 but wanted saloon over the Hatch. Premium Plus Model, Adv Nav, Night/AMG Kit, Smartphone Package and Designo Matte Grey paint :)

ihfKoQN.jpg
xCa1ah4.jpg
iQxryr9.jpg
YeKo0LN.jpg
cectk5F.jpg

Will put the private plate on soon, might black the badges out to

Associate
That looks so nice. Was looking at a CLA 250 as can get one with the premium plus pack for around £33,000 but may wait and see what these are going for ex-demo or used in a years time as I think I need something Fun and comfotable to replace my fiesta ST which is just fun.

Soldato
Looks lovely that, very nice choice.

I've had the new A250 for a few weeks now, it's in white with the premium pack and AMG Line bodykit. Absolute joy to drive, the interior is almost identical to yours, it's stunning, mine doesn't have the aluminium trim on the doors though. Even the A250 has a respectable amount of power, that will be quick! It's the first Auto I've ever had, can't see myself going back to manual tbh. The saloon version does look much better than the hatch though. Nice choice of colour as well.

Back
Top Bottom