Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
Yep, total sense! :) there seems to be an arms race as to how many badges manufacturers can add to a car. As you mention, it's all S Line, ST etc...

I became a hypocrite for a while when I said to my wife about the amount of 'fake STs' out there, only then remembering I was driving an AMG line car. Since noticing this it does not bother me if a car has a shared appearance of a 'more powerful or sporty' model when it is from factory, but when people add fake badging etc I do not understand it at all. Having C63 badges on a 180d is just comical.

Man of Honour
So I cancelled my Brilliant Blue C63 and changed to a Selenite Grey C63 instead. Virtually the same spec, this one is a little better as it has the two-tone black and red interior which goes fantastically well with the grey. It's a bit more of a sleeper in the sense that it's not got the night pack or black wheels. It's still got the chrome and the wheels are silver, but I actually prefer it.

It looks a bit more premium and it's less of a "Look at me" car unless you hear the engine or the C63 badge, which I guess is good in this day and age, with a young family in the car with me, I don't really want it getting the wrong kind of attention.

Waiting to hear when I pick it up but it looks like next week :(

Soldato
So I cancelled my Brilliant Blue C63 and changed to a Selenite Grey C63 instead. Virtually the same spec, this one is a little better as it has the two-tone black and red interior which goes fantastically well with the grey. It's a bit more of a sleeper in the sense that it's not got the night pack or black wheels. It's still got the chrome and the wheels are silver, but I actually prefer it.

It looks a bit more premium and it's less of a "Look at me" car unless you hear the engine or the C63 badge, which I guess is good in this day and age, with a young family in the car with me, I don't really want it getting the wrong kind of attention.

Out of interest, does it has the piano black dash or the wood effect? I have the wood effect in mine and I think it looks far more premium than the glossy black.

I am keeping an eye on prices for c43s and e43s. Hopefully in next year or so they will be at my affordability.

Associate

Been a while since I checked the thread, what made you change your mind about getting the C63? What spec have you gone for?

Man of Honour
Been a while since I checked the thread, what made you change your mind about getting the C63? What spec have you gone for?

I just think the urge to own a V8 has taken over, and now I’ve driven a couple more, and been around a few at the car meets I go too, the noise has really grown on me. Plus, with this being the last V8, I wanted to own one while I can and still have a Merc warranty on it, this one has 2.5 years of the manufacturers warranty on it

It’s a Premium Plus, the car is an ex-demo like my C43 was so is really well kitted out. It’s a 2019, so it’s a facelift with the new interior and most importantly, the AMG steering wheel mode selectors on it :D

daz

daz

Soldato
On my GLC43 I chose the carbon fibre look for the centre console trim, not sure if that is still an option any more but much nicer than the piano black.

Soldato
The open pore black ash is the best ;):D

You're not wrong! I made them swap out the piano black mess on the C250 I bought 2 years ago, for black ash. Why would Mercedes choose such a terrible looking, greasy finger attracting finish?

If I bought another C Class, I was going to take the trim with me. :)

Going into an E class next, so no worries

Soldato
You're not wrong! I made them swap out the piano black mess on the C250 I bought 2 years ago, for black ash. Why would Mercedes choose such a terrible looking, greasy finger attracting finish?

If I bought another C Class, I was going to take the trim with me. :)

Going into an E class next, so no worries

Do you know how much it cost? On my E43 I have black ash on the dash and doors but for some reason they choose to keep the center console in piano black.

Soldato
My wife is keen on looking at an A250e hybrid - Anyone had any experience of them? Will be our first time getting a car on a PCP. They seem to get good electric only range (40ish miles).

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Would have to be black ash or carbon for me on the centre console, along with the IWC clock (if they still did that on the facelift C63).

Almost bought a 2016 C63 with either the carbon or black ash (I forget now!) and the clock, sadly didn't end up with it though.

Dealer eventually sold it for less that I'd originally offered which is annoying, it hung about on their forecourt for 3 months after I'd offered, I was all set to go and pay their new asking price (lower than my offer) when pay day came around and they sold it 2 days before!

Associate
Question re brakes on my 2017 C43... I had the front rotors, pads and sensor replaced on the weekend, in Australia, it cost $1,157

They advised me that the same needed to be done for the rears, they quoted me $1,202

I would have though the rear parts would be cheaper than the fronts as the rotors and discs are smaller ?

Associate
I would have though the rear parts would be cheaper than the fronts as the rotors and discs are smaller ?
I had assumed the same but every quote I've had from either main dealer or an indie have put fronts at roughly the same price as the rears (about £20-£30 more for the fronts usually). I'm surprised they're quoting you more for the rears but it seems normal that the prices are similar.

Can't you get it done at an indie? It will work out much cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom