Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Man of Honour
Ha only on my second tank! Not done much fun driving today, drove to Milton Keynes and amazingly, averaged 32mpg, and that was with a stretch in Sport+ either side. Properly shocked as my C43, best I ever saw from it was 36mpg.

It really is a brilliant, brilliant car though. The noise, even with that PPF is brutal, and the acceleration is mad. It feels silly fast as well, and normally in the driving seat, you don’t get that feel of speed like passengers do.

I’m having to be careful though as even with PS4S tyres, it still lights up the traction control far too easy when gunning it.

I’m smiling ear to ear though, I was worried I might regret it but from the first drive I knew I wouldn’t have to worry about that

7320F2l.jpg

Soldato
Had a play in a R171? SLK 350 today, My uncle bought it recently from someone who really looked after this car, I was taken away how nice it was to drive, it was comfortable the seats were nice and plush and hugged you pretty good, even for my large fat body, plenty of power, the slushbox did a pretty admirable job with the shifts, and all in all, really well built, nothing like my old E85 Z4 3.0i, this thing runs circles around that no contest.

He only paid £4k for it, and I must say, i'm intrigued, is there much to go wrong on them? I can imagine being a mercedes, it comes with the usual mercedes tax to run?

Associate
My mum has a circa 2007 SLK350 and it drives well, I don't think there have ever been any major issues with it. I'm 5ft 11 but I can't get properly comfortable in it, too cramped cockpit for me. Nice car though........

Soldato
I have a new C220 coupe and I've noticed the full beams are sometimes on when I turn the car on at night and they turn themselves on if I enter a dark place (e.g. a tunnel).

They don't turn themselves off automatically, only on... Is this standard?

Soldato
I have a new C220 coupe and I've noticed the full beams are sometimes on when I turn the car on at night and they turn themselves on if I enter a dark place (e.g. a tunnel).

Mine turn themselves off if its light enough outside (ie. come out of a tunnel) but if its dark then they only turn themselves off when you turn the ignition off.

Edit: Might have misread what you meant, no it doesnt turn on full beam just your normal dipped beam

Soldato

My 2013 C63 had some kind of “intelligent high beam assist” you’d leave it on and the car would supposedly know when cars are coming etc. It was meant to dip automatically, it didn’t work so well

a slightly different light would appear in the dash. Like the normal high beam blue light....but different....

Jez

Jez

Caporegime

Sounds like regular HBA, they should turn off if they see a light coming (ie another car).

Soldato
My 2013 C63 had some kind of “intelligent high beam assist” you’d leave it on and the car would supposedly know when cars are coming etc. It was meant to dip automatically, it didn’t work so well

a slightly different light would appear in the dash. Like the normal high beam blue light....but different....
Sounds like regular HBA, they should turn off if they see a light coming (ie another car).

It's very strange, it only turns on automatically in certain situations, however, the stalk would not be in the position for full beams beforehand.

However, the light displayed on the dash isn't the automatic beam symbol, it's just the regular blue symbol (without the 'A' for auto).The full beams don't seem to turn off automatically when met with other cars.

I just can't get my head around it.

Soldato
Anyone know if the start-stop on a 2017 GLC is a common issue? My one doesn't work.

The car has done around 50k, I've had it for around 6 weeks and the stop start icon on the dash has always been orange suggesting it can't work. I've been out on a good run in it (over 100 miles) on Saturday, hoping that would sort it but it's still not activating. I've cycled through all the menus but can't find anything for settings for it. And, I've made sure it's engaged on the button on the center console.

Any easy fixes to try?

Soldato
Replace the battery?

Seems the fix. My last C250 had stop/start that barely worked. I’d need to do a good 300 mile drive to make it work. Garage suggested a new battery. I traded the car in before I had a chance to fit it. Thank heavens for Eurocar parts 365 returns.
My current e63 has stop/start that is fairly flaky too. Probably needs a battery too.

both were 64 plate so potentially 6 year old batteries

Caporegime
Anyone know if the start-stop on a 2017 GLC is a common issue? My one doesn't work.

The car has done around 50k, I've had it for around 6 weeks and the stop start icon on the dash has always been orange suggesting it can't work. I've been out on a good run in it (over 100 miles) on Saturday, hoping that would sort it but it's still not activating. I've cycled through all the menus but can't find anything for settings for it. And, I've made sure it's engaged on the button on the center console.

Any easy fixes to try?
Proper battery charge for 20hours with a good charger might help (eg a CTEK), ideally you can borrow one off a friend.

Soldato

Any easy fixes to try?
I had the same thing on a 2016 C class after around 18-24 months. It was within warranty so the dealer just replaced the battery and then it was fine until I traded in.

Associate
Hi guys

I’m looking to purchase a 2013/14 A250 automatic. I’m just wondering whether there are any particular specs I should be looking at. Also any mechanical issues?

I would be Loking at spending around £14k, so prob AMG line on 60-70k miles.

Soldato
Replace the battery?

Seems the fix. My last C250 had stop/start that barely worked. I’d need to do a good 300 mile drive to make it work. Garage suggested a new battery. I traded the car in before I had a chance to fit it. Thank heavens for Eurocar parts 365 returns.
My current e63 has stop/start that is fairly flaky too. Probably needs a battery too.

both were 64 plate so potentially 6 year old batteries

Proper battery charge for 20hours with a good charger might help (eg a CTEK), ideally you can borrow one off a friend.

I thought that would be the answer, don't fancy shelling out any money as I'll only have the car for a few months and can't think of anyone who would have a charger so looks like I'll just have to put up with it.

Associate
It doesn't feel like I've had a year, I've hardly driven it since March...

After it went in for its first service I decided to get various protections topped up etc and to make sure there were no hidden issues with the paintwork and PPF.

JwluhEK.jpg

yLBhQ1p.jpg

iMhyDzi.jpg

Now I'm just waiting for Blackvue to send back a working dashcam after it packed up after 10 months of use :(

Soldato
rZVDpTm
New little weekend toy - drives so well and pulls like a train .
a>

https://ibb.co/rZVDpTm

[url=https://ibb.co/94LYJ5G]
[/URL]

a>

Back
Top Bottom