||Mercenaries 2: World In Flames||

Soldato
I don't care what any review says, its a lot of fun.

Its just like the original, doesn't seem to have added much, just a bit more polish and a different (worse I think...) storyline.

Soldato
Graphics aren't bad at all. Gamespot were looking at this game from the wrong angle. Don't compare it to Crysis or Far Cry 2, it's just a good fun blast 'em up game.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I don't think think the graphics are bad atall, especially considering the nature of the game (large free roaming area). It has nice long draw distances, the shadows remain visable from long distances, and there are loads of nice little details. Sure, it can be a little inconsistant, but overall I'd say it's a pretty good looking game.

Soldato
graphics are ok. Music is Ace.

controls are a bit awkward. Dont feel as smooth. Vehicle handling is a bit rough as well. (its no GTA anyway)

Already found a bug or perhaps i didnt do something.

was supposed to put down listening posts so i go to the yellow marker in a disguised tank and get out and nothing happens? Except my disguise is blown and i get shot at by loads of RPGs etc.

edit: ahh i need to call it in same as i do with airstrikes sorted :D

Not really a fan of Infinite random enemy that attack every 6 seconds on the map.

But the scope of the game seems good. I want to like it more but really dont like the controls :/

might sell and get smt else.

Last edited:
Soldato
for me, the only problem with the game was one of its sellings points, how open the world is.

Having completed it, the ending was too easy. I soon found out that had i not nicked the chinese chopper, and flown right around the edge to the target, and rather had gone the direct route it would have been a lot more challenging.

it is fun calling in daisy cutters and moabs though :D

Soldato
hrmm anyone else game FREEZE ? looks like a game crash.... music continues but everything else frozen. controller doesnt do anything. Guess thats my first ps3 crash :(

trading it in tomorrow... ill go nuts if i hear them say "The ENEMY is here!!!"" one more time.. What to trade it for .... Tiger woods? facebreaker? could wait till the 12th and get TNA impact i guess

Last edited:
Soldato
I hated this game at first but it's slowly growing on me.

Explosions and some of the weapons are fantastic. Messing around in choppers and tanks is extremely fun as well.

Permabanned
Just got mine on disc and the graphics are nowhere near as bad as I was expecting.

Looks much better than the videos and the gameplay ain't as bad as I expected, the vehicles drive like ass though and the voice acting is woeful.

Associate
Imo the contorols feel a bit too... loose. If you get my meaning. Like surfer said they don't feel very smooth. And I dunno if it's because I play games on the PC a lot but the aiming feels a bit slow as well. All in all though it's not a bad game. I only just figured out (after about 4 hours of playtime) how to get airstrikes and supply drops added to your support list :rolleyes:

It is bugged though, not as bad as it could be however. You get enemies shooting through walls, and the money/fuel/airstrike pickups you see lying around don't always go as planned when you call in your helicopter. Thing that really bugged me though was on the third mission (I think) where you had to drop those listening posts (I won't say why in case it's classed as a spoiler), on the last one no matter how many times I threw the smoke into the big circle, the listening post just wouldn't be delivered.

Kept telling me I had to throw it closer to the marker. So I restarted the mission though and it went ok after that. Now I think about it though the quicktime events for when you're nabbing tanks or helicopters does make things pretty fun :)

Associate
If you're into big explosions and approaching scenarios in whatever way you like, then it's not bad for £25. A lot of the time instead of going in on foot or in a tank (like the developer probably wanted you to do) I just buy myself a heli and bomb the place to next week :)

Now I think about it the side quests do make the game a bit more fun. All the challenges from the various guys inside your pmc give you somethin to do. And the HVTs and targeted buildings can give you a nice cash boost if you're a bit short.

Back
Top Bottom