Meta Quest 3s

The 3S is great for the price imo. My next VR headset will be a Quest 4, I'm really happy with my Q3 I don't have urges for anything else, but when the 4 is available I'll be a day 1 buyer like I was for the 3. Zuckerberg might be a lizard underneath but he's done wonders for VR and MR, I know money is a motivation and they see VR/MR as the future so will take losses now, but I honestly think Zuckerberg is a tech nerd too who loves this stuff and uses it for his own enjoyment.

Last edited:
The 3S is great for the price imo. My next VR headset will be a Quest 4, I'm really happy with my Q3 I don't have urges for anything else, but when the 4 is available I'll be a day 1 buyer like I was for the 3. Zuckerberg might be a lizard underneath but he's done wonders for VR and MR, I know money is a motivation and they see VR/MR as the future so will take losses now, but I honestly think Zuckerberg is a tech nerd too who loves this stuff and uses it for his own enjoyment.

I might not be day one for the quest 4. Depends on what it has. Q3 is pretty damn good, the clarity is just brilliant. I suppose if q4 has OLED and pancake, then that's the next big step in many ways.

I want something with much better colour and contrast than the Q3. OLED, MOLED or QLED with local dimming zones. It makes such a huge difference to dark games.

Q3S open frame interface and mesh frame interface £39.99 for the sweaty heeds.

94130269_xxl.jpg

94130569_l_a1.jpg

i think for excersise theyd be good and possible media consumption in dark/low light rooms. but out side of that not sure were they would be targeted.
light bleed in games can be an issue no?

i think for excersise theyd be good and possible media consumption in dark/low light rooms. but out side of that not sure were they would be targeted.
light bleed in games can be an issue no?

You'd be surprised how well a VR headset works without a facial interface and light blocking.

The main light blocking needs to be from above, which is how the Quest Pro is designed - built in blocker above, but optional side or full face light blocking (It's by far the best headset design I've tried, the lenses just float in front of your eyes). On my Q3 with a halo headstrap I have to put one of the spare cushions in the gap between the halo cushion and the headstrap to stop light coming in from above when playing without a facial interface.

Without a facial interface MR games are far more immersive as you can see your body and arms blend seamlessly into the MR view, giving the impression of a much wider FOV. Also in normal VR you have a better idea of your surroundings or when people move into your play area.

The only issue I have with this open facial interface for Q3 is that it still presses against your face. Using a Quest Pro or a Quest 3 + Halo strap without a facial interface is so much more comfortable as there's nothing on your face.

Meta's accessories are crazily expensive. I presume its how they make their money back as the headsets are sold at cost or even subsidised.

Back
Top Bottom