Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato
Thought this thread was gong to be about the game not post after post of courier updates :rolleyes:

For those who have it, how is it running, any noticeable fps drops? Install size ?

Yeah exactly

Game runs smoothly though I'm not one of those who can tell the different between 60 and 59fps as some on this forup can.

Graphics are great. Perhaps some improvement from GZ but could be just the environment. Played it for 3 and half hours yesterday no idea where the time went!

Permabanned
Mine arrived from Gameseek today. Not gonna start it yet since I'm still replaying Ground Zeroes for the unlocks since I lost my save.

Still not sure whether I will play with reflex mode on or off. With it on it feels a little too easy and sort of ruins the whole stealth aspect since you can just sprint into enemies and headshot them with the slow-mo. On the other hand it's pretty brutally difficult and frustrating with it off especially on hard difficulty.

Caporegime
Thought this thread was gong to be about the game not post after post of courier updates :rolleyes:

For those who have it, how is it running, any noticeable fps drops? Install size ?

Because its not about game... People are addicted to buying things and must tell everyone about it...

Soldato
Yeah exactly

Game runs smoothly though I'm not one of those who can tell the different between 60 and 59fps as some on this forup can.

Graphics are great. Perhaps some improvement from GZ but could be just the environment. Played it for 3 and half hours yesterday no idea where the time went!

It is a massive time sink! I'm finding i'll keep re-starting a checkpoint in a mission as I've been spotted and I want to retain stealth!

Graphics are brilliant - much more impressive than ground zeroes in my opinion but a lot of that is down to the environment

Just a note about snake moving/controller drift - I've been getting that on one controller, rather frustrating! The other one is fine though

Soldato
If my copy doesn't turn up Tuesday from amazon.. There will be hell to pay. I've had pre order problem's with them before but unfortunately for me they are the cheapest.

In the mean time I think I'm gonna fire up something else to keep me entertained.

Just had a order dispatched email from them ...so at least they are doing something over bank holiday :p

Soldato
It is a massive time sink! I'm finding i'll keep re-starting a checkpoint in a mission as I've been spotted and I want to retain stealth!

Graphics are brilliant - much more impressive than ground zeroes in my opinion but a lot of that is down to the environment

Just a note about snake moving/controller drift - I've been getting that on one controller, rather frustrating! The other one is fine though

Question:
is there much point in invading check points or other complexes on the map not related to the mission? All you really get are materials for mother Base. I've only done the second mission so might be more rewards down the line?

Soldato

This may come as news to you, but it's not actually out yet.

Because its not about game... People are addicted to buying things and must tell everyone about it...

No, it's about finding out if other people are having the same issue or not.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some of us have it.

If it's "not out yet" why moan about delivery when you don't even know if it's going to be late or not?

Because so far different people have been told different things and it's taken until a few hours ago for both Game and DPD to get their facts aligned. It's a bit frustrating that I could've ordered the regular version of the game and potentially be playing it this weekend and not having to plan my day around a courier.

Soldato

Wow, that must be painfully frustrating to play that way! It'll take you years to make any progress!

Graphics are good, but quite a lot of pop-up and the geometry and textures aren't the best ever.

The story is making zero sense so far (and I've played all the games). The Fulton system just gets used every second which seems a bit of an odd design choice, as it makes the knock out-Fulton-repeat gameplay pretty repetitive.

Soldato
No Tuesday delivery for me then, thanks Shopto :( ...

We are pleased to inform you that your order has been packed and will be dispatched with next ROYAL MAIL collection. We dispatch orders every working day up until 5.20pm (5:00pm for TNT/DPD). We do not dispatch orders over the weekend or during public holidays.

Soldato
Question:
is there much point in invading check points or other complexes on the map not related to the mission? All you really get are materials for mother Base. I've only done the second mission so might be more rewards down the line?

Well you can use it to recruit more staff - I realised that with base expansion it probably makes sense to take on as many as you can initially but i might be doing things wrong!

Last edited:
Soldato
2qd3pld.jpg

Not long fired it up,enjoying it so far

Back
Top Bottom