Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato
This game is marmite, originally for the first few missions I hated the style of play. I preferred the whole one big mission play through. However as I progressed through the game I began to appreciate it more, it suits the story.

I'm currently over 200 hours trying to 100% the game and still enjoying it.

I hope that this isn't the last metal gear game that we get a chance to play.

Soldato
just got this, only a couple of hrs in. finding it very difficult , controls are weird and there is an information overload
i think it will get better but don't like the checkpoints, they are so far apart. you could play for hrs, screw something up and you lose everything.

Soldato
just got this, only a couple of hrs in. finding it very difficult , controls are weird and there is an information overload
i think it will get better but don't like the checkpoints, they are so far apart. you could play for hrs, screw something up and you lose everything.

You'll get used to it I'm sure, I thought the check point system was pretty generous in missions to be honest. To the point where they make the game a bit too easy, even on the harder missions.

On a side note, I got the platinum trophy for this yesterday :D.

Soldato
do i need to worry if you stealth for and hr then it all goes to pot when someone spots you?
i see it comes up with 'heroism decreased'
i think it would be too hard to restart everytime you are spotted

If you're free roaming maybe, it all depends on when the last checkpoint was activated.

I think it happens when you escape from alerts, clear outposts of all enemies or sporadically when roaming.

During missions it happens quite often.

You'll know because a notification comes up on the top right hand corner. Saying saving or checkpoint.

I hope this helps.

Soldato
right guys ive just bought this but was just wondering should I really play Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes first?

As uncle gravy said, it's completely optional.

You could get some useful items out of it. Such as a cheaper sneaking suit and some staff members.

The story is explained in the full game, maybe play it if you want the 'full' experience.

Associate
I stopped playing when I realised that the soldiers I was capturing (sometimes going well out of my way to capture A+ guys) weren't showing up at Mother Base, something felt broken and I stopped playing :/

Soldato
I do want to play this, never ended up buying it when it came out, but I just want MGS 1 in a semi hHD remake, I know there is Twin Snakes but I can't see anything beating it!

Soldato
I was bought this for Xmas and I'm addicted. It's right up my alley with the game play. I can see how some find it repetitive but I just like to attack each mission with different approaches and see how I rate at the end. I find it much more rewarding than mgs4. It annoyed me that 4 was essentially £40 for a very long movie. 5 is much more what I want from the game.

They need to next gen mgs1 though. With FF7 I think they were the best games on ps1.

Soldato
I was bought this for Xmas and I'm addicted. It's right up my alley with the game play. I can see how some find it repetitive but I just like to attack each mission with different approaches and see how I rate at the end. I find it much more rewarding than mgs4. It annoyed me that 4 was essentially £40 for a very long movie. 5 is much more what I want from the game.

They need to next gen mgs1 though. With FF7 I think they were the best games on ps1.

I thought this game was amazing, I really hope Konami follow up with a few Metal Gear remakes.

Soldato
i'm 52% complete. its starting to rehash the main missions but with (extreme) mode and (total stealth) etc
and whats with the side ops, they hare just exactly the same each time, was there any need.
i'll probably play on for a bit longer but getting bored now

Back
Top Bottom