Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato
Complete waste of time and GMP.

Yeah talk of this game has gone quiet. Tbh I stayed off this thread whilst trying to complete the game as I didn't want any spoilers.

Is anyone playing the multiplayer on PS4?

Yeah it's great fun. Only problem is playing with a mate - can be difficult getting into the same match sometimes.

Let me know if you want to play! I'm free tonight

Puki85

Soldato
Jesus, I've only just unlocked the ability to create FOBs and now I've got even more menu options in the iDroid and stuff to worry about. This game is ridiculously over-complicated.

I wish they'd put in a Story Mode that flowed from one mission to the next without all the crap in-between because I'm really bored of having to deal with it now. :(

Soldato
Jesus, I've only just unlocked the ability to create FOBs and now I've got even more menu options in the iDroid and stuff to worry about. This game is ridiculously over-complicated.

I wish they'd put in a Story Mode that flowed from one mission to the next without all the crap in-between because I'm really bored of having to deal with it now. :(

You can ignore FOB's i built one never upgraded it/worried about it and completed the game.

Soldato

In same position. Just unlocked FOB stuff. Made things more complicated. Will I keep being attacked by people if I play this game while signed into PSN? Should I just play offline?

Soldato
I've had nothing happen since then, and I've kept it online. Occassionally get some pop-up saying that my PF ranking has dropped from 999875 to 99878 or whatever. I really don't care, at this point it's a race to the end so I can say I've "completed" it.

Soldato
This game never bloody ends. Thought I'd finally completed it, watched the credits roll, then I'm faced with the prospect of a second chapter which, from what I can gather, consists largely of slightly-remixed missions from the first chapter with some new cutscenes sprinkled throughout.

Nah, I think I've had enough of that. For such an impressive game it's been a massive disappointment.

Soldato
This game never bloody ends. Thought I'd finally completed it, watched the credits roll, then I'm faced with the prospect of a second chapter which, from what I can gather, consists largely of slightly-remixed missions from the first chapter with some new cutscenes sprinkled throughout.

Nah, I think I've had enough of that. For such an impressive game it's been a massive disappointment.

All of the repeated missions are optional you only need to do the actual new missions to get to the end of the game.
and then watch the actual/cut ending on YouTube :o

Soldato
All of the repeated missions are optional you only need to do the actual new missions to get to the end of the game.
and then watch the actual/cut ending on YouTube :o

I did that anyway, I can't be bothered with it any more. The gameplay was great but the storyline and characters were sorely lacking and the missions themselves were mostly just variations of the same thing. Granted, you're given an arsenal of tools by which to approach things but there never seemed much point going in fully-equipped when a tranq gun and a dog can achieve the same end result.

Annoyingly, the best missions for me were the more linear ones where you end up led down a set path for story reasons e.g. the child soldiers or approaching the mansion looking for the old man. This is what MGS has always done so well, I have no idea why they decided to abandon that in favour of a far looser structure.

I feel like I need to re-play MGS4 now just to get some actual closure on the series because this didn't deliver at all.

Soldato
Still enjoying this. Close to 50% of the way through.

However, I've recently become annoyed (I've mentioned this on more than one occasion here) with "Mute Snake". The lack speech from Snake's voice is at times painful.

I was annoyed when David Hayter was replaced. This was because I had come to love his voice. In my eyes he is Snake. I soon got over that loss.

It didn't once cross my mind that the cut scene experiences would be this painful. Snake seldom says a word... At times its like playing GTA3. Very disappointed.

Soldato
I kept hoping that his voice was cut because he'd (David Hayter) be making an appreance in another way.

To be honest I miss the usual snake voice, I'm still hoping for a metal gear remake. David Hayter as Solid Snake and Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss.

Associate
I've put about 70 hours in so far. I took a break and got back into it. I'd say in terms of depth, graphics, just the overall game is a masterpeice. The story isn't as linear as precious metal gears but it isn't supposed to be. My fav MGS is probably MGS3 as I loved the survival aspect of it and he setting. I like the buddy system in PP, it adds a feel of team work I've not gotten offline before. When you kill a soldier you really fee like you've killed them, the way the bullied goes through the skull is pretty scary in PP. when D Dog or Quiet get shot you really genuinely get ****ed off and concerned! That says a lot about the immersion of a game.

I recently purchased Falliut 4, yes different game styles but MGS feels more real, Fallout feels more scripted, stiff in comparison where as PP takes me away from thinking it's a game..weird to explain.

Associate
I've put about 70 hours in so far. I took a break and got back into it. I'd say in terms of depth, graphics, just the overall game is a masterpeice. The story isn't as linear as precious metal gears but it isn't supposed to be. My fav MGS is probably MGS3 as I loved the survival aspect of it and he setting. I like the buddy system in PP, it adds a feel of team work I've not gotten offline before. When you kill a soldier you really fee like you've killed them, the way the bullied goes through the skull is pretty scary in PP. when D Dog or Quiet get shot you really genuinely get ****ed off and concerned! That says a lot about the immersion of a game.

I recently purchased Falliut 4, yes different game styles but MGS feels more real, Fallout feels more scripted, stiff in comparison where as PP takes me away from thinking it's a game..weird to explain.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion but from my pov i haven't been so disappointed in a game in a long time.

If it wasn't for the name i would have shelved it a long time ago but instead im forcing myself through hoping to find the positives.

The story is slow full of busy time in between important plot points, the graphics are nothing special and don't start me on big boss, i think his voice box must have been damaged in the past and is now unable to communicate, he just stands there like a statue.

All in all one sad panda the first 3 games are fantastic granting multiple play through s even though they were linear, ill be lucky if i even complete this one.

Associate
Everyone's entitled to an opinion but from my pov i haven't been so disappointed in a game in a long time.

If it wasn't for the name i would have shelved it a long time ago but instead im forcing myself through hoping to find the positives.

The story is slow full of busy time in between important plot points, the graphics are nothing special and don't start me on big boss, i think his voice box must have been damaged in the past and is now unable to communicate, he just stands there like a statue.

All in all one sad panda the first 3 games are fantastic granting multiple play through s even though they were linear, ill be lucky if i even complete this one.

Because of the open nature of the game, I can understand why it would be slow for some. I didn't really have that problem. The graphics look fantastic on my TV, they are probably the best I've seen this gen personally.

Back
Top Bottom