Metro Awakening release date

Does anyone else think these games are totally overrated? Sure the first one was pretty good.
The whole gameplay of them just feels totally dated to me.

I never finished any of the sequels just found them boring like a poor mans corridor stalker game

Last edited:
Does anyone else think these games are totally overrated? Sure the first one was pretty good.
The whole gameplay of them just feels totally dated to me.

I never finished any of the sequels just found them boring like a poor mans corridor stalker game
Not me, Metro Exodus was my game of the year when it released in 2019. Loved all 3 games but Exodus in particular was very good.

ive played all three. Exodus was a joy to play throughout really. The earlier two had parts that were quite irritating, and a few annoying bugs, but nothing to stop me finishing them.

dont have the space for VR though

Exodus was great. Really looking forward to this, but it will be a SteamVR purchase for me, to get the best graphics.

Got to agree i'm not sure even a quest 3 can do this justice really.. I just hope that they haven't dumbed the PC grfxs down to the level of the quest 3 to save time.

Got to agree i'm not sure even a quest 3 can do this justice really.. I just hope that they haven't dumbed the PC grfxs down to the level of the quest 3 to save time.

I believe it's vertigo working on this, they did After the Fall, PCVR version had better graphics, so I assume this will too, but I wouldn't expect it to be fantastically better.

The main thing is the game running at a decent framerate and resolution on PC, as well as improved graphics. Q3 games often run at sub native res, and use Application Spacewarp to run at half refresh rate and interpolate to the full rate, leading to visual artefacts and not feeling as smooth.

Anyone else struggle with balancing enjoyment with the immersion aspects of horror games in VR? Even some points of Alyx, I needed to take a good break to pysch myself up to doing the next part etc. Feel like this is going to be the same for me, despite enjoying the previous metro games 'flat'.

I am ok with horro parts of games, a few jump scares but generally fine, the only one which I could never complete or spend much was Alien Isolation in VR jump scares and the thumping around meant I hid in lockers most of the time and never went anywhere :eek:

Looks great will buy it after reading a few day 1 reviews I'm sure it'll be good, I played the flatscreen Metro games using VorpX and yes it was extremely janky and didn't really work but it was so immersive and atmospheric being in that world in a VR headset.

Alien Isolation is in a league of it's own. It's very much a horror game. Metro is a shooter with horror elements, so less intense, plus guns actually work for killing the monsters. :D

Back
Top Bottom