Metro: Exodus (2018)

Caporegime
This is the 3rd entry in the Metro franchise after 2033 and Last Light.

Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.

Flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and embark on an epic, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in the greatest Metro adventure yet.

Explore the Russian wilderness in vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.

OMG! This looks fantastic, another series of games I really need to play ahead of this.

Soldato
Super excited about this!

I still have and play the first two games. This looks to be more open world as well ! Really looking forward to it.

Associate
Watched the reveal last night with earphones and it scared the hell out of me when the giant roland rat thing jumped out.
Looks fantastic though, will have to give the other 2 a play through.

Soldato
Metro 2033 was a creepy game when it came out, all those tunnels, great visuals back then, gave my then current PC a right work out... This looks good, enjoyed Metro Last light as well, but the PS3 version ran like dog poo, I got it free on PS+. Glad I didn't pay for that. Played Metro Last Light on PC instead..

Soldato
Currently playing 2033 through at the moment. And I've just got up to that outpost (the decrepit building with the radio transmitter on top) forgot how frustrating this part of the game is. My one gripe is this particular part !

Soldato
I've never played the previous two. Someone give me a quick rundown as to why I should. :p

Metro is a post-apocalyptic science fiction series where pretty much most of Russia has now relocated to the Metro systems to hide from the fallout. A young boy grows up in the aftermath and decides to leave a bunker settlement and search for what is known as Dark Ones and to uncover a secret when is 20. Along the way, the war that started the whole post-apocalyptic Russia is still going on, so must also fight to stay alive as well as fight mutants that are on the surface, whilst trying to reach the centre of the metro system.

And from there you know the metro series, which is based on books, great games, and you can get the first book in English, there are two other books, but I don't think they have been translated to English.

Associate
Thursday night, don't miss a brand new look at Metro Exodus during #TheGameAwards @MetroVideoGame
Game_Awards_2017_Emoji.png

Associate
Yeah was a bit of a rubbish trailer, it just looked like the first two games .... Was hoping for a bit more gameplay and a look at the more open levels.

Soldato
This is out Friday! Anyone picking it up?

Reviews land this afternoon usually around 3ish in the UK.

Having doubts myself. It looks great visually but I worry it's going down the far cry route.

Soldato
Hoping reviews will be positive, if so I'll get it for my birthday in a few weeks. I really enjoyed Metro Redux so hopefully this one has captured the same sort of atmosphere even with the larger open areas.

Surprised there hasn't been more discussion about it in here, the PC thread has been busier but for all the wrong reasons, sadly.

Soldato
Hoping reviews will be positive, if so I'll get it for my birthday in a few weeks. I really enjoyed Metro Redux so hopefully this one has captured the same sort of atmosphere even with the larger open areas.

Surprised there hasn't been more discussion about it in here, the PC thread has been busier but for all the wrong reasons, sadly.

Yeah I can understand it in a way but it's not the developer at fault.

Apparently the official PlayStation Magazine gave it 9/10 in its latest issue.

Back
Top Bottom