Metro Last Light - Thread

Associate
Are there 'levels' of PhysX in Metro LL?

I was watching a youtube vid the other day demonstrating the PhysX and it looked a lot better than mine with my rig. There was a lot more debris and things flying all over the place. I couldnt figure out if it was an ingame recording or maybe a developer fancy pants one just to show off PhysX. Ive got 2x SLI GTX670 and the 2nd GPU is enabled to run the PhysX with latest drivers installed.

PhysX is either on or off mate.
Solved my problems... Updated to the 326.98. Getting better readings with precision and the game seems to be sticking at 60fps so far. Man this sli thing is hard work!

Soldato
Are you experiencing crashes with this game?
Do you have a USB headset?

Try unplugging/not using it as it seems this can cause crashes. Very strange but people have reported this.

Im going to try it on mine as I do get crashes now and then.

EDIT: Hmmmm, game seems okay now and no crashes. Will have to play for longer to test this but I wonder if this has fixed it. Just a pain in the ass cos I have to use standard stereo headphones and unplug my 5.1 ones now.

Last edited:
Associate
Are you experiencing crashes with this game?
Do you have a USB headset?

Try unplugging/not using it as it seems this can cause crashes. Very strange but people have reported this.

Im going to try it on mine as I do get crashes now and then.

Nah, Ive never had any crashes, so cant help you with that.
I think I just installed bad drivers. Seems to be fine at the moment. Quite impressed.

Soldato
Nah, Ive never had any crashes, so cant help you with that.
I think I just installed bad drivers. Seems to be fine at the moment. Quite impressed.

I wasnt replying to your post, I just wrote that for anyone that may be having crashes with a USB headset lol.

Glad you got your prob sorted though :)

Associate
Picked it up in the sale, and have been impressed so far I must say.

A lovely looking game with loads of nice touches. Seems more stealthy than I expected, but I like that failing stealth isnt the end of the world.

Soldato
This game, has turned out to be one of the most bugged games I've played.

At the moment, it's game breaking.

At the end of the Quarantine level, before you are just about to reenter the tunnels, the door starts to open, it cuts to the narrative bit then crashes...

I've tried reloading back to last save point, but it starts me from same place and verifying cache does nothing.

Safe mode does noting too.

Any ideas? :confused:

Soldato
Looking to buy this game but need the DVD version as our b/band is rubbish, why is the DVD version so expensive? more expensive than X box & Playtation & more than any game I bought before at around £35 :confused:

Caporegime
Holy carp this game is good, far far better than the first! It's so damn creepy, horrific :D

Awesomeness indeed and runs between 45-60fps on high :)

Permabanned
OP
these latest beta drivers from nvidia make the game run like crap for me. Never had an issue before, so will probably revert back now the bf4 demo has finished and hopefully finish the Chronicles pack.

Soldato
Played some of the Chronicles pack last night. It's actually quite good for £4.

Plague of giant rats...they look pretty life like. Creeped me out a little bit :D.

Enjoyed the main campaign loads as well in Ranger Hardcore. Although I wouldn't recommend using that difficulty as they actually remove the secondary weapon menu. Makes for a bit of comedy when you want to throw a knife and end up chucking a grenade. :D

Graphics are some of the best I've seen TBH. Although as above performance isn't as good on the latest beta drivers as it was on previous builds.

Caporegime
Metro_LL_2013_10_16_20_44_56_413.jpg

Metro_LL_2013_10_16_20_45_31_409.jpg

Metro_LL_2013_10_16_20_47_10_070.jpg

Metro_LL_2013_10_16_20_48_00_898.jpg

Metro_LL_2013_10_16_20_50_24_653.jpg

Metro_LL_2013_10_16_21_00_54_081.jpg

Metro_LL_2013_10_16_21_14_23_610.jpg

Metro_LL_2013_10_16_21_15_15_315.jpg

Awesome game and it appeals to me massivly, it's dark and creepy as!

Back
Top Bottom