Metro Last Light - Thread

Soldato
Very good game, but very very very easy.

First play through completed on Ranger Hardcore without any real challange. Nowhere near as challenging as 2033s RH mode - an over abundance of ammo and gas masks made it way too easy.

Stealth was also way too easy in this one - stick to the shadows and run, stab move on. No broken glass and blind enemies mean it was all a bit of a joke.

Still a very worthy successor, though nowhere near as good as the original - 8/10

2033 gets a 10/10.

Soldato
Well, just finished it....

I found myself getting a little bored of the outside spaces by the end but the story was good and enjoyable.

The main downside for me was graphical bugs. system was up to it but the gfx card is a 8800 and seemed to be struggling even with the latest drivers. Lots of blocks appearing where things we're moving to fast or around fire. People drinking with cups that were 3ft to their left. At one point I stood on a platform and moved to notice i'd left a duplicate pair of arms behind just floating in the air.

And the rain and crap outside...making it more difficult to see what the hell was going on.

i'd give it a 7/10, and only because the gfx issues dropped it a couple of points for me :(

Soldato
Just started playing this over the weekend, everything maxed except AA, it plays really smoothly in 3D with 670 SLI, the benchmark says i'm only averaging the mid 40's but it seems much more than that in game. Doesn't seem to like Precision X and my previously stable OC at all though.

I realise i'm being an idiot but for the life of me I can't find the folder/file to alter the FOV.

Looks and plays great though.

Soldato
Very good game, but very very very easy.

First play through completed on Ranger Hardcore without any real challange. Nowhere near as challenging as 2033s RH mode - an over abundance of ammo and gas masks made it way too easy.

Stealth was also way too easy in this one - stick to the shadows and run, stab move on. No broken glass and blind enemies mean it was all a bit of a joke.

Still a very worthy successor, though nowhere near as good as the original - 8/10

2033 gets a 10/10.

You obviously play a lot of games in that case, as I was watching my mate play RHC who is an experienced gamer. He was struggling to say the least, with limited ammo! I've yet to try it but it certainly didn't look like a cake walk!

Soldato
You obviously play a lot of games in that case, as I was watching my mate play RHC who is an experienced gamer. He was struggling to say the least, with limited ammo! I've yet to try it but it certainly didn't look like a cake walk!

I echo the guy you quoted, i've found it a lot easier compared to Ranger Hardcore in 2033 as well.

Soldato
A friend got this for me and I have finished it. It's very linear and you can't jump higher then a 1ft :(
loads of things around but the game won't let you explore!. Not a patch on 2033, just hope the dlc lets you explore a bit more.
Glad he lives to fight another day and maybe he and the dark ones join forces?

Last edited:

Lum

Lum

Soldato
Glad he lives to fight another day and maybe he and the dark ones join forces?

That depends which ending you get?

Given that the bad ending was considered canon in the last game. This is probably the end of Artyom's story, which isn't too bad as this game is more the story of a place than the story of Artyom.

Also Yahtzee has a review up now. Surprisingly positive for one of his reviews.

Associate
Really need to get into this game only got half hour in but haven't touched it for afew days!

Loved 2033 though..

Associate
Was really enjoying this game however - Constant crashes for me now at the part:

Where you are looking for fuel outside

Get a black screen and have to Alt Tab to get out of it. This is with Precision X removed and no overclocks. REALLY annoying me because I was enjoying it so much. Everything else I have runs stable as well :mad:

Hopefully the next driver will fix it. :rolleyes:

Associate
I just bought the game and I start getting an extremely annoying stuttering after 2 minutes of game. There is a fix for that? Using 2 7950.

Soldato
Enjoying the game, but got a problem.

The game crashes to desktop for me at the end of "Echoes".
As the narration for the next chapter starts, the game crashes, done it twice in a row.

Anyone know of a solution? :(

Associate
Enjoying the game, but got a problem.

The game crashes to desktop for me at the end of "Echoes".
As the narration for the next chapter starts, the game crashes, done it twice in a row.

Anyone know of a solution? :(

I'm having a similar problem. CTD every time it loads 'quarantine', I've played through 'contagion' 5 times now trying the usual fixes (steam: verify cash, lower settings, disable AV etc) really getting annoyed now. :(

Back
Top Bottom