Metronome - which to get?

Associate
OK I've looked up what you suggested incase they've changed since I last looked and they don't seem to be able to do what I suggested the apps can do.

Unless I am mistaken they don't seem to be able to for example play 12 bars or 3/8 then 12 bars at 7/8 then onto something else etc. I can't see that functionality listed.

Caporegime
OP
Hi. Don't go analogue just use a phone. You'll need more than one metronome to get everything done. The ones to cover everything are:

7Metronome.. Hard to find this one now.
Metronomerous
TimeGuru

I teach Jazz guitar and I make sure all my students have these 3.

I downloaded Time Guru but the other 2 are not in iOS, if it is, it must be called something else?

Associate
Yep if you can't get the others Soundbrenner is good and it's free isn't it?

If you want help just setting up specific things give us a shout. Don't worry if things are a struggle at the start playing with a metronome takes time. As for all music start off slow. I am sure you know this and I am not being patronising at all but it's always worth emphasising less speed at the start will give you better speed overall. I play piano too so just do scales and studies first then right back to basics hands separate then together at a slow speed. Keeping the pulse is the goal. Increase the intervals when you mute beats and develop that internal pulse. It will help you personally and also when you play with others.

That could maybe be a next goal. Find other people to play with if you don't already. You will be limited though in reportoire though depending on what you prefer to play.

Associate
Whilst you are looking at apps have a look at Functional Ear Trainer and Perfect Ear. I've checked and they are both on the ios store from the looks of it. They are really good for developing your aural skills.

Back
Top Bottom