Poll: Mexican Grand Prix 2018, Mexico City - Race 19/21

Rate the 2018 Mexican Grand Prix out of ten!

• Total voters
Man of Honour
He also went to the Mercedes garage after the race and congratulated Toto, Bono and the mechanics personally. Say what you want about his wheel to wheel skills, he's a genuine guy who respects his competitors.

I just saw that on the F1 FB page. Fair play, a great thing to do.

I enjoyed the race, but I am tired of this tyre nonsense. I want to see them race, not fall back to manage tyres. 5 from me. Quite a cringe show around the race too.

Soldato
Vettel showed how much he relies on other drivers to get out of the way when he's overtaking. Every single one where he was side-by-side going into the corner, he ran them off the track on the exit which is probably how he ended up in so many incidents lately. I don't remember seeing other drivers doing that this weekend (happy to be proved wrong).

Quite a cringe show around the race too.
I've stopped tuning in to the build up/post race as it's getting so bad. The Will Smith thing at the end of the race being one of them... Why wasn't it Sterling Moss or Jackie Stewart, or a bunch of former drivers/champions? It really winds me up when they cut away from the race to show some random celebs in the garage, I couldn't care less.

Man of Honour
Merc technically don't have it yet. They're 55 points ahead with a possible 86 still to play for.

I think he is referring to the wdc. It would certainly add kudos to Hamilton’s achievement if Ferrari do pull off the WCC. I don’t think Mercedes will continue to struggle in the remaining races. As it stands though Mercedes are in trouble next season though. I just hope we get a good battle between vettel and Leclerc.

Soldato
I think he is referring to the wdc. It would certainly add kudos to Hamilton’s achievement if Ferrari do pull off the WCC. I don’t think Mercedes will continue to struggle in the remaining races. As it stands though Mercedes are in trouble next season though. I just hope we get a good battle between vettel and Leclerc.

how about a battle between bottas and Hamilton first...

Soldato
I couldn't watch the race yesterday so just saw it on catchup. Firstly, Congrats Lewis! :D

1-trophy-clipart-free-clipart-images-1024x1024.jpg

Interesting in that press conference where he said when he was 8 and karting, his dad told him where he needed to brake to beat the fastest kid there, hence he honed the skill of being a late breaker. When you consider that the later you can risk braking the more chance you have of beating your competitors, you can argue that his dad turned him into a multiple champion. Like something out of a Hollywood movie, that one bit of advice that turns someone from zero to hero.

Sebastian is way after his prime at this age of 31, with last title five years ago

Lewis took 6 years to win his second title. I don't think anyone can ever knock Vettel and say he can't drive. Yes, he drove like crap this season, but he's still a 4 times world champion which is no mean feat even with a great car.

Soldato
How high altitude affects F1 car performance - Chain Bear explains

One of the key factors behind Red Bull's victory with Max Verstappen in the Mexican Grand Prix was the high-altitude conditions at the Mexico City circuit, which brought its Renault engines in range of Mercedes and Ferrari, and enabled the team to capitalise on its aerodynamic and chassis strengths.

In his latest video, Chain Bear F1 explains exactly how air density can have such a major effect on the competitive order of the grid.

Back
Top Bottom