Michael Schumacher seriously injured

Man of Honour
Yeah, I agree and hope you're right and that there's no deterioration. However, although his privacy has to be respected, I don't fully understand why she can't be more open about his condition. Whether he's stable, improving or getting worse, why won't she say?

That's very optimistic, but more likely you accidentally omitted the 'not' ;)

I can only assume based on my own experience but if it is like I imagine I can understand the desire to protect him if he is a drooling shadow of his former self on a very long road to recovery.

Can't see him returning to F1 but I know someone who got back on a motorbike ~25 years after a similar kind of accident in terms of injuries.

Soldato
What's everyone's take on these rumours about him being moved to Mallorca?

I also hope the BBC radio interview translations that have Mick talking about his dad in past tense are false :/

Soldato
What's everyone's take on these rumours about him being moved to Mallorca?

I also hope the BBC radio interview translations that have Mick talking about his dad in past tense are false :/
There's a video with Mick talking in English. He says his dad "had a huge influence" on him and that "he's my idol". So I guess he means had an influence in that he can't talk but he's still alive so he's still Mick's idol?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/45275371

Soldato
I read that as had an influence as exactly that - he had an influence when he was able to provide one. He can still remain his idol, even in his current condition.

Looking for things that aren't there tbh.

Soldato
Couple of minor updates.

UPDATE ON SCHUMACHER
A close family member of Schumacher's has revealed to French magazine Paris Match that the 49-year-old is showing emotions. Heartbreakingly, Schumacher "sometimes cries" when he sits in his wheelchair facing out of his home in the town of Gland, overlooking the Lake Geneva.
"When you put him in his wheelchair facing the beautiful panorama of the mountains overlooking the lake, Michael sometimes cries," said the relative.

Michael Schumacher watched Lewis Hamilton win the Brazilian GP with former head of Ferrari

https://www.givemesport.com/1426885...-the-brazilian-gp-with-former-head-of-ferrari

"We have not heard much regarding his specific medical condition, but he seems relatively healthy and receives constant visits from important people in his life."

Soldato
Realistically if there was ever going to be any good news you'd have heard it by now.

Feel a little for Mick Schumacher, the poor kid is going to have journos trying to get info out of him on his dad every chance they get next season must be hard to concentrate on your racing.

V F

V F

Soldato
Realistically if there was ever going to be any good news you'd have heard it by now.

Feel a little for Mick Schumacher, the poor kid is going to have journos trying to get info out of him on his dad every chance they get next season must be hard to concentrate on your racing.

Parasite media/journalists.

Man of Honour

The most likely outcome with these cases is an extremely long road to some kind of recovery if there is any significant recovery and unfortunately at his age time isn't really on his side - reading between the lines it will probably be 10, 15 even 20 years before he is able to do basic tasks for himself and be even a resemblance of his former self in terms of mental faculties, etc.

(It doesn't sound like from the little information that has leaked out that he'll be in a perpetual vegetative state or locked in state, etc.).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

No one deserves to live like that, it's a horrible thing to deal with for a family as much as anyone else.

I started off cautiously optimistic but I don't think we'll ever see him on an F1 broadcast again.

Soldato
I don't think we'll ever see him on anything again. :( I wasn't his biggest fan to be fair but that is a horrible situation to be in for him and his family. :( :(

Soldato
I don’t think he’d want to be seen when he was not the same Michael Schumacher people remember (and his family must agree as they’ve protected his privacy heavily). He’s never going to be that so yeah you won’t see him again.

Hopefully he can improve enough to experience some sort of life.

Soldato
So sad. As unpopular as it was, I was a big Ferrari fan throughout his era and I was lucky enough to see him race. A friend of mine and fellow F1 fan through the late 90's and 00's was in Switzerland a couple of weeks ago and he messaged me when passing the lake, wondering if Schumie was also looking out over it from his home. :(

All the money and fame in the world but I bet he'd gladly give it all to be well again.

Soldato
I don’t think he’d want to be seen when he was not the same Michael Schumacher people remember (and his family must agree as they’ve protected his privacy heavily). He’s never going to be that so yeah you won’t see him again.

Hopefully he can improve enough to experience some sort of life.
you can't say that 100%, Chris Reeve and Steven Hawkins managed to deal w/ their issues, eg.

Back
Top Bottom