Microphone Advise

Associate
Would recommend the Yeti Blue. Think it's about £110. I have it and love it and have been using it for gaming and work (remote work for Covid) and it's been faultless. I had it on the included desk stand initially and have now moved to an arm.

Associate
Would recommend the Yeti Blue. Think it's about £110. I have it and love it and have been using it for gaming and work (remote work for Covid) and it's been faultless. I had it on the included desk stand initially and have now moved to an arm.

IMO, the Yeti just looks horrible, and so chunky.

To be more constructive, my AT2020 has been a pretty great, solid mic.

Soldato
OP

I’m currently considering this alongside the Elgato Wave 1.

IMO, the Yeti just looks horrible, and so chunky.

To be more constructive, my AT2020 has been a pretty great, solid mic.

Really cheap for what it offers. Does it need software etc?

Soldato
OP
Be careful looking at a AT2020, there is a XLR version which you will need to purchase a audio interface also. But there is a USB version called something along the lines of a AT2020+USB or similar.

Noticed this while browsing. It’s only going to be used for Discord chat while gaming. Black Friday deals are coming and want some options on the table.

Soldato
There's also the Yeti Nano. I've been using the larger Yeti Blue though and the sound quality has been amazing. It's very sensitive though so I had to use it with Nvidia's Broadcast app since Discord's Krisp wasn't doing a good job filtering out unneeded noise (eg when I use my keyboard, outside traffic, etc).

Soldato
OP
From a lot of what ive seen online and as you said the Elgato Wave 1 would be a really good option too. They seem to have amazing quality.

Torn between the Wave 1 and Wave 3. I do prefer the touch mute function and the ease of use button/knob. Costly but might get a discount hopefully end of month?

Associate
Torn between the Wave 1 and Wave 3. I do prefer the touch mute function and the ease of use button/knob. Costly but might get a discount hopefully end of month?
Either that or see if there is any YouTubers/ streamers who may be sponsored by Elgato and see if they have a code. I got a pretty mint discount on my Logitech Pro keyboard by checking streamers for sponsor codes.

Soldato
OP
Either that or see if there is any YouTubers/ streamers who may be sponsored by Elgato and see if they have a code. I got a pretty mint discount on my Logitech Pro keyboard by checking streamers for sponsor codes.

Not a bad idea, will check again later as I’ve watched a few already from some of the bigger tech tubers.

I just found a code and reduced the Wave 1 to £79.19!

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a couple of Blue Yeti's, they have very good clean sound quality and good pickup. Logitech audio software supports them also, you can add effects like 'Studio Voice' that actually works quite well.

Downside is they are a bit bulky looking now.

Soldato
OP
I have a couple of Blue Yeti's, they have very good clean sound quality and good pickup. Logitech audio software supports them also, you can add effects like 'Studio Voice' that actually works quite well.

Downside is they are a bit bulky looking now.[/

I was set on the Yeti but after watching a lot of videos I’m liking the Wave from Elgato more at the moment.

Soldato
OP
Black Friday almost upon us and starting to see some early deals and notice the Shure came down elsewhere but still out of my price range. Going to hold out that bit longer on some deals on the Yeti and perhaps the Wave may drop further?

Associate
Blue may possibly have a sale if you're still looking at the Yeti. Unsure about the wave, possibly from other retailers but I wouldnt know from Elgato themselves. Worth waiting and having a look, depending on prices of some sites/ mics I may possibly look at upgrading my AT2020.

Soldato
OP
Just found the Blue Yeti Blackout Professional for £84.99. So, this or the Elgato Wave:1 for £79.19? I don't like the G Hub however, so this could be a deciding factor unless Sherpa software can still be used?

Any suggestions @EsaT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom